We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family of 4 arriving on 7/30!

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
reviews: 9
family of 4 arriving on 7/30!

Hi All. I've been lurking the last couple of weeks and enjoying all the reviews people have given. Hopefully you can help me out also. We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children. I'm a little confused on which kind of pass to use if any. We want to take in as much as we can with the boys. we'll have 5 full days in Sydney, then Palm Cove then back to Sydney for another 4 full days. How should we work it? The Sydney & Beyond Pass, the Sydney Pass (does it include attractions), the Entertainment Book (where can you purchase) or each attraction as we go (sounds way too expensive!)? Any, any input would be great. We want to do the Blue Mountains and the Caves, is that something you can do in 1 day? Thanks for any input.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
reviews: 39
1. Re: family of 4 arriving on 7/30!

hi,

hope this catches you before you leave. sorry for the rushed info.

just did a quick check on those passes you've mentioned.

the sydney and beyond pass seems to be only dor entries into the attractions. good if you are planning to see those attractions. no transport seems to be included in this ticket price.

the sydney pass is for transport costs but no attractions. includes airportlink train to city centre, 3 harbour cruises, ferries and manly jetcat, sydney explorer and bondi explorer. the 3 day family pass costs $250 - 2 adults and 2 children from age of 4 to under 16.

http://www.sydneypass.info/

do your sums about what attractions you'd like to see. sydney is a great city for walking around and doing your own thing. the sydney explorer is a good hop-on-hop-off bus that costs $90 for 1 day for a family ticket. makes the 3 day ticket seem worthwhile! an afternoon harbour cruise will cost $60 for a family.

sydneyferries.info/timetables/ferrycruises.p…

the entertainment book is for meal discounts etc but sold by different groups to raise funds for school/charities etc. i think that it'll be hard to get these books when you're a tourist.

the blue mountains can be done in a day( a long one). the train from the central railway station takes 2 hours to get to katoomba. hmmm, jenolan caves would be an even longer day. we used to drive there. sorry cannot tell you how to get there otherwise. no train station near by. of course, you can do the mountains by coach tour eg greyhounds, murrays

hope you have a nice time here in sydney.

june

Warwick, United...
reviews: 32
2. Re: family of 4 arriving on 7/30!

Sorry, I can't help you with the question on the kind of pass to use - when we have been to Sydney we walked everywhere as the centre is pretty compact, and just used the ferry for places like Manly, or on the odd occasion to return to our hotel in Darling Harbour at the end of a long day.

We hired a car for a couple of days, and did the trip to the Blue Mountains and Jenolan Caves in one day. It was a long day, but perfectly do-able if you make an early start. We enjoyed both the mountains and the caves and thought they were well worth the trip.

Hope you enjoy your trip.