We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

permanent residency in AUS

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
permanent residency in AUS

Well, i dont know how to start. I guess this kind of question hasnt been here for a long time. Having been in Australia as a student a little over 2 years, i am thinking over what ill do next. In either case i intended to apply for a permanent residency however it wont be as easy as i naively presumed. The reason why i want to do that is getting a better job [not limited by hours], staying longer without being tied to school [school attendance and fees] and etc. I have been intimated to this proposition and after leaving out the unviable options only two choices left. Taking a course at university or college [the latter a course related some of given vocations] or finding a spouse.

After some time i speculate chiefly about the second option, but then it seems to me even more difficult - it may be a long way hurdle race. May you have some ideas, dont hesistate and suggest.

to put it more precisely, i dont study at university. Im takin a crappy and cheap course of diploma in bussines in one of the smallest college in Sydney until the march of the tnext year. But if i get a certificate it counts. The thing is i use it as cover up for my student visa in Aus. I can hardly afford to pay 8000$ for one semester at university. The same college offers me to take either a commercial cookery or hairdresser course starting from July [10grands and 12 grands respectively per year] which may lead to application for residency. But I know about no guarantee.

Anyway. I am not that naive you can practically help me I just wonder if anyone on this thread was/is in similar situation and how they worked out, especially if you had same status as me - i.e.: student, over 30, without a full time job [only casual]....

much appreciate

1. Re: permanent residency in AUS

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

We're sorry - the TripAdvisor staff closed this topic because TripAdvisor does not facilitate discussions about relocation or real estate purchases because these topics are not considered to be travel-related.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, May 20, 2007