We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Street food at Murugan Temple, Torrens

Which Canberra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cork, Ireland
reviews: 33
Street food at Murugan Temple, Torrens

Since there seems to be no way to add a new restaurant to that section, I am posting here about a serendipitous visit to the Murugan Temple, 151 Beasley Strett, Torrens (next door to the Primary School).

It is not a restaurant at all of course, but behind the Temple, at lunchtime on Saturdays only, there is a street food stall which offers tasty and cheap vegetarian food, with friendly service. I am reliably informed that the food is South Indian/Sri Lankan in origin.

I had a plate with rice and a small serving of each of three curries, topped with a popadum, all for €6. It was filling and very tasty. They had about seven different vegetarian curries in total, plus vadai and samosa type things. All made on the spot and very yummy.

Eveb though we were sitting in what is basically a yard, I really enjoyed it and I wanted to post here in case there are any vegetarians out there who find the choice a bit limited in Canberra!

Canberra, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
reviews: 2
1. Re: Street food at Murugan Temple, Torrens

Thanks for posting Goldenmean. It's an interesting building too, from what I've seen driving past.

2. Re: Street food at Murugan Temple, Torrens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, July 30, 2013