We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Floriade Septembe 2008

Which Canberra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
toowoomba
Floriade Septembe 2008

I am visiting floriade and I would like some advice on a convenient place to stay. I would like something that is quiet, clean and not too expensive.

If it has extras like a kitchenette so I çan save money on eating out that would be good too.

My next preferenece is something that is on a direct bus route to Commonwealth Park.

Thanks

Tia09 from Queensland.

East Gippsland
reviews: 2
1. Re: Floriade Septembe 2008

Go to your local motels and pick up their brochures. Also consider cabin accom at Big4 caravan parks. Have stayed there and at a budget motel, but cannot remember which one! Consider going to the Tulip display out of town as well as the Floriade.

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta
reviews: 79
2. Re: Floriade Septembe 2008

Have a look at the Canberra Carotel & Caravan Park.

www.carotel.com.au.

There is regular bus service that will take you into the CBD (Civic) which is close to the Floriade Site.

Canberra, Australia
reviews: 30
3. Re: Floriade Septembe 2008

HI Tia,

Commonwealth Park is an easy walk from the main Civic bus interchange, so anywhere on a bus route would be fine. Check www.action.act.gov.au for routes, they have just been revised.

I would recommend coming on the second weekend of Floriade if you can, on the opening weekend not all the blooms are out, and by the end of the festival a lot of them are dead (not much watering anymore!)

toowoomba
4. Re: Floriade Septembe 2008

Thanks for the information. I will be at Floriade the week of 22nd to 27th September which I think is the second week. I am thinking of getting tickets to the night festival.

5. Re: Floriade Septembe 2008

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, September 29, 2009