We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Karvina

Which Karvina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
reviews: 35
Karvina

Hi can anyone tell me anything about Karvina. Trip Advisor only shows 3x B&Bs/Hotels and they have no reviews. Has anyone ever visited?

Many thanks

4 replies to this topic
Cookham Dean...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
reviews: 3
1. Re: Karvina

I know Karvina only by reputation, not exactly a tourist Mecca....any reason for your question? Are you planning to visit?

Manchester, United...
reviews: 35
2. Re: Karvina

Hi thanks for your reply, I may be passing through. What do you mean by reputation?

Cookham Dean...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
reviews: 3
3. Re: Karvina

nothing sinister.....:) just one of the less attractive cities in the Czech Republic.....never visited but have driven through on the way to Poland

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
reviews: 8
4. Re: Karvina

It has a certain beauty to some :) I'm trying to think of an English equivalent - Rotherham, maybe, or Middlesbrough. This is what most people imagine when they hear the word Karviná http://www.newworldresources.eu/~/media/Images/content/karvina_mine.ashx but like the majority of towns it has its redeeming features as well. I know people who actively seek out such places. Maybe you are one of them, in which case good on you.

What sort of hotel do you want? I don't reckon you can really go wrong - what about this, one, for example www.booking.com/hotel/cz/darkov.en.html

Edited: 10:44 am, September 03, 2013
Reply to: Karvina
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Karvina
Recent Conversations