We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ways to visit Ruka from the UK (flight only)

Which Ruka hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Athens
reviews: 9
Ways to visit Ruka from the UK (flight only)

Hi I have just come back from Ruka. I loved the place! I have been searching for flights to Kuusamo from the UK but I had no luck. I am interested in organising the trip myself without booking through a travel agent (just booking a flight and organising my stay on my own).

Does anyone know how I can do this?

Many thanks in advance

5 replies to this topic
Finland
reviews: 1
1. Re: Ways to visit Ruka from the UK (flight only)

Hi, have you tried the upper left side of this page "Flight to Ruka" (Kuusamo)

? If you haven´t tried it yet, please take a look.

Athens
2. Re: Ways to visit Ruka from the UK (flight only)

Yes, thanks. I have looked but they are all connecting flights via Helsinki and total duration with waiting time is between 5 (which is ok but it's only on outbound flight) and 17 hours!! I am interested in purchasing property in Ruka but it would be difficult to visit if there is no flight!

Rovaniemi, Finland
3. Re: Ways to visit Ruka from the UK (flight only)

It's either travel agency and charter or scheduled flight via Helsinki. See this map also:

finavia.fi/for-travellers/…search-1

It works the other way also. You can't travel anywhere from here without taking a connecting flight via Helsinki, and I've never found that a big problem - just a bit more expensive. True, sometimes the flights just don't match, but what can you do.

Check Finnair timetables for Helsinki - Kuusamo, book tickets, and then search for cheap flights from UK to Helsinki. Or see if Finnair is good for both flights, then your luggage will be checked all the way to your final destination. SAS flies only during some high seasons and I'm really confused exactly when.

Athens
4. Re: Ways to visit Ruka from the UK (flight only)

Thanks this website is brilliant. There are indeed some flights with shorter transfer times. The only thing is it doesn't show charter flights which some of them go directly. I know there is a Thomson one between Dec and Feb.

What is the housing market like in Ruka?

Rovaniemi, Finland
5. Re: Ways to visit Ruka from the UK (flight only)

For a general picture check Etuovi.com which I believe is the biggest nationwide online service for brokers and private owners:

http://kuluttaja.etuovi.com/

"Kirjoita hakualue" - here one types in "Ruka, Kuusamo"

"Hae" - this one he presses for "Search"

Reply to: Ways to visit Ruka from the UK (flight only)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ruka