We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed with travel plans!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Villahermosa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Utah
reviews: 5
Help needed with travel plans!

Greetings.

I've scanned the forums, but looking for further opinions...

I will travel to Villahermosa with my wife in August. We'll meet my son there, and return home together. We'll have about 4-5 full days. (not counting days for flight in and out).

I want to see Palenque, and need to go to Balancan to visit friends. What else should we add in the time we have?

I'm thinking:

Day 1: See some of Villahermosa, take bus to Palenque in evening.

Day 2: Tour Palenque ruins

Day 3: Bus to Balancan for the day, return evening to Palenque.

Day 4: ?

Day 5: return to Villahermosa

Suggestions?

Should we head another direction after Balancan?

Where to visit for day 4?

Too far to see the canyons near Tuxtla, or San Cristobol, or Isla del Carmen?

I know it will be rainy season, but changing dates not an option. I also know Balancan isn't the most popular "tourist" place, but also not an option to change that (but we could go there any of the 5 days) By the way -any hotels in Balancan? I cannot find any.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Mark

1. Re: Help needed with travel plans!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 am, April 09, 2014