We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

my trip to sri lanka

Which Central Province hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Amman, Jordan
reviews: 3
my trip to sri lanka

hi all

i would appreciate if anyone can help me regarding my tip to sri lanka, my trip is in mid of august and i will stay 2 nights at Kandy "earl's regency" then 1 night at nauwara alia "heritance tea factory" and finally 3 nights at Bentota beach hotel.

im worried regarding nawuara alia due to cold weather, its worth to stay one night there. if its not is their another option i can go for it??

your help will be highly appreciated

thanks,

Rania

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 144
1. Re: my trip to sri lanka

Hi Rania,

For some people Eliya is disliked because it has a Scotland-like climate. For some other people it's liked very much for the same reason. As for the rest of your trip you already have places in decent Lankan warmer climate, 1 night at Tea Factory (which generally is even more cold than Eliya town, though also more sunny) is not a bad change. Just bring layered clothes, and do an Eliya city walk the afternoon you arrive before going to the hotel - which is at Kandapola, about 30-45 mins away from town.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amman, Jordan
2. Re: my trip to sri lanka

thank you so much for your reply, but i dont like cold weather is their another town you recommend or another option i can do instead of nawuara alia??

Aluthgama, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
3. Re: my trip to sri lanka

Haputale could be an option. Lower altitude so higher temperatures.

Generally the hill country has a cooler climate, so if you want the scenic sights you will have to endure that, or totally skip the hills.

Hans

Amman, Jordan
4. Re: my trip to sri lanka

ok if i skip the hill country, is thier any option i can do on day 3 between kandy and bentota beach??

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
5. Re: my trip to sri lanka

Hi again,

Well you could do Dambulla and see some of the old Cultural Monuments there. But Dambulla-Bentota is a bit longer than Eliya or Haputale to Bentota.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amman, Jordan
6. Re: my trip to sri lanka

it seems i will keep it as it and will visit Eliya. one more thing to ask what trip i can do from bentota i found whale and dolphen watching. can i make it in august?? also is thier another thing i can do in bentota like half day trip??

also in the 21-24 aug how the sea and the weather will be in bentota??

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
7. Re: my trip to sri lanka

Hi again,

Unfortunately no whales on the southwest then. They've moved to Trinco side. But plenty of other trips, see

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293961-c122197/Sri-L…

Fullday e.g. Galle (combine with Hikka for e.g. glassbottom boat trip and Ambalangoda for mask making). Halfday e.g. river trip, Bentota temples, architectural gardens etc. etc.

Weather should be nice then esp. in mornings. Sea will be too rough for swimming, but bathing waistdeep is fine.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amman, Jordan
8. Re: my trip to sri lanka

thank you so much for your help, i really appreciate it. the last question so thier is no hope i can make dolphen or whale trip from bentota?? also is thier any half day boat trip??

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
9. Re: my trip to sri lanka

Hi again,

No chance unless you hire a private helicopter for the 300 km transfer to east coast :-(

Yes, river boat trips at Bentota generally last 90 mins including a stop at a cinnamon island in the river. So fits into half a day.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Aluthgama, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
10. Re: my trip to sri lanka

There is no whale watching available at Bentota - even in the season on the south coast.

Hans