We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice village to stay overnight in Duilhac area

Which Aude hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Durham, North...
reviews: 75
Nice village to stay overnight in Duilhac area

Hello,

We will be visiting the following castles during 2 days:

Chateau de Peyrepertuse a Duilhac, Chateau de Queribus in Cucugnan, Chateau de Puilaurens in Lapradelle, and Rennes-le-Chateau.

I have looked at staying in Cucugnan, Quillan, Rennes-les-Baines, but would prefer a recommendation for a very nice village and/or auberge that is conveniently located, as I am not familiar with the area. We are driving.

Many thanks,

Monica

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
reviews: 90
1. Re: Nice village to stay overnight in Duilhac area

What is your price range?

Hôtel Pïerre-Lys in Quillan is basic (2 *) but has a very good and reasonable restaurant..

Château des Ducs de Joyeuse in Couiza is upscale

Durham, North...
2. Re: Nice village to stay overnight in Duilhac area

Thank you. Our budget is $60-80.

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
3. Re: Nice village to stay overnight in Duilhac area

Then Nb.1 should fit the bill. Did you have a look at TA's list of hotels and B/B in the area? I'd check Limoux, Quillan, Maury, Fenouillet, Esperaza, St Paul de Fenoullèt, Caudiès de Fenouillet. Tautavel is at some distance but there are lots of restaurants and a prehistoric museum.

Durham, North...
4. Re: Nice village to stay overnight in Duilhac area

Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated! I will check these areas on TA now.

Durham, North...
5. Re: Nice village to stay overnight in Duilhac area

Hi,

We are now thinking of staying in France for 2 nights. Would you be able to suggest a route? We will be driving from Girona, Spain. What do you think of Beziers and Carcassonne, in addition to visiting the Cathar castles I mentioned before? Would you suggest staying in the same place for 2 nights, or 2 different places? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

Monica

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
6. Re: Nice village to stay overnight in Duilhac area

Maury, Caudies, Quillan, Limoux, Couiza, Esperaza are not far from Carcassonne. You could spend the two nights in the same place, devote the first day to Puilaurens, Queribus and Peyrepertuse and the second day to Rennes-le Château, Carcassonne and possibly part of the Minervois.

Girona to Quillan is approximately a 3-hour drive if you take the highway to Perpignan. You could also drive along the coast via Port Bou, Cerbère and Collioure. It will take longer but the road is very scenic.

Durham, North...
7. Re: Nice village to stay overnight in Duilhac area

Thank you for all of the information! This sound a like a good plan. I have found a great-looking place in Esperaza, where we'll stay for 2 nights.

8. Re: Nice village to stay overnight in Duilhac area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 am, July 18, 2014