We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 hrs in Costa Smeralda

Which Province of Olbia-Tempio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fairfield...
7 hrs in Costa Smeralda

Our cruise sailboat will be in Costa Smeralda for 7 hrs. I would like to go to the sea level caves of point Capa Caccia. How far is it? What would be the best transportation to get there? Would I be better off just staying in Costa Smeralda? Thanks, Mary

5 replies to this topic
Brussels, Belgium
reviews: 3
1. Re: 7 hrs in Costa Smeralda

The only way to do it, and even that would be cutting it fine, would be by car from wherever you would be on the Costa Smeralda. It's 107 miles from Porto Cervo to Capa Caccia, which according to viamichelin would take 2h57 to drive, so even that way you aren't going to have much time to visit the caves. There are buses from Alghero but you really don't have time to do it by public transport.

Fairfield...
2. Re: 7 hrs in Costa Smeralda

Thanks, since that isn't going to work, I would like to go to ruins. How far away are they and what is the best transportation to use. Have you been to ruins and could you tell me how you liked them? Thanks, Mary

Milan, Italy
3. Re: 7 hrs in Costa Smeralda

Stay here but if you want an economic bed and breakfast find www.aldobb.it

4. Re: 7 hrs in Costa Smeralda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:01 pm, September 17, 2013
Edited: 4:01 pm, September 17, 2013

Los Angeles...
reviews: 4
5. Re: 7 hrs in Costa Smeralda

Don't have the transportation details (we had a rental car), but there are nuraghes around Arzachena, which is about an hour from Porto Cervo. "Giant's tomb" comes to mind.

Edited: 10:36 am, September 17, 2013
Reply to: 7 hrs in Costa Smeralda
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted