We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions for locals or someone who knows the area well

Which Big Sur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Anaheim, California
reviews: 23
Questions for locals or someone who knows the area well

What is the fog like early in the mornings in Febuary?

Also I've heard it's along walk from the parking area to the beach at Pfeiffer Big State Beach.

Is it do you need to climb down stair?

Is the path very rocky?

I have twin 5 years and Mom had bad knees. I want to make sure We can get down to the beach.

Shell Beach...
Destination Expert
for Big Sur
reviews: 6
1. Re: Questions for locals or someone who knows the area well

Although fog can happen any time of year, it's unlikely that there will be any fog most February mornings.

Read this forum post about a traveler with similar mobility issues. There are no stairs at Pfeiffer Beach (although Trip Advisor calls it Pfeiffer Big State Beach, that's not the correct name for it). It's also in the Top Questions section at the top right of this web page.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g240329-i513-k3007…

Anaheim, California
reviews: 23
2. Re: Questions for locals or someone who knows the area well

Thank you!

3. Re: Questions for locals or someone who knows the area well

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 20, 2014