We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Big Sur for Thanksgiving - RV'ing

Which Big Sur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tarzana...
Big Sur for Thanksgiving - RV'ing

Hi there!!

My family is looking at taking a popup trailer up the coast from LA for Thanksgiving week.

I was wondering were would be a good place to have Thanksgiving dinner in or around Big Sur? Do you have to stay there to be able to have dinner?

Thanks

Grover Beach, Ca
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
reviews: 8
1. Re: Big Sur for Thanksgiving - RV'ing

Nepenthe is open every day of the year, but closes for dinner on Thanksgiving and Christmas. That means they close at 4:30 pm and I'm not sure if they serve the traditional Thanksgiving fixings that day or not.

Two other possible options might be the restaurants at Ventana Inn and Post Ranch Inn. You don't have to be a guest to dine there, but you will need reservations and appropriate attire. I say "might be" because I'm not sure if either would be open that day. It's too far out to book ahead. I suggest you call them directly to find out.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 831
2. Re: Big Sur for Thanksgiving - RV'ing

Hi and welcome to TripAdvisor. You might want to check to see what kind of weather Big Sur usually has around Thanksgiving. A popup may not be too comfortable in wind and rain!

Austin, Texas
reviews: 5
3. Re: Big Sur for Thanksgiving - RV'ing

Try Big Sur Lodge in Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park. You don't have to be a guest in the lodge or park cabins to eat at the restaurant and there's camping in the area. I don't believe they've posted their menu for this upcoming Thanksgiving dinner yet, but we're keeping an eye out ourselves as we'll also be in the area at that time!

4. Re: Big Sur for Thanksgiving - RV'ing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 10, 2013