We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

L.A to San Fran

Which Big Sur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wangaratta
reviews: 1
L.A to San Fran

I am travelling from L.A to San Fran in late March next year. I would like to travel the scenic route and thought about staying at Cambria the first night then up to Monteray and Carmel then into San fran in the evening, Is this acheivable at this time of year. Will it be clear weather or foggy. Thanks for your help. Cheers Tania

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 5
1. Re: L.A to San Fran

This very trip is made all the time. If you do a search you will find lots of threads on the subject. It will not be foggy, it may rain.

La Canada...
reviews: 407
2. Re: L.A to San Fran

Don't forget to stop and explore Big Sur a little. And, very important, check the road conditions before you leave. March will be after all the big storms that hit the area and Highway 1 might be washed out or closed...that would mean there is no way to get from Cambria to Monterey on Highway 1.

Wangaratta
reviews: 1
3. Re: L.A to San Fran

Thanks guys, will check roads before we leave and may have to play it by ear a little as we go. Not sure if we will try to get to Yosemite, I have been there before so may just stick to the coast of California. Any other suggestions. Big Sur is on the list. Maybe Napa Valley although I have done it before also.

Cheers

Tania

4. Re: L.A to San Fran

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, October 25, 2012