We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sierra Mar Restaurant~Worth It?

Which Big Sur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Carol Stream...
reviews: 52
Sierra Mar Restaurant~Worth It?

We will be staying at the Post Ranch Inn for 2 nights in September. The actual evening of our 25th wedding anniversary we were going to have dinner at Sierra Mar and the next evening at Cielo. Cielo sounds worth it but having second thoughts on Sierra Mar. Eat at Cielo the eve of our anniversary and then where?

reviews: 740
1. Re: Sierra Mar Restaurant~Worth It?

We have only dined at Sierra Mar once and it was very worth it! The food, service, views are amazing. I would not miss a meal here. Cielo is good, but not on the same level as Sierra Mar. Enjoy your stay at the PRI, I would love to hear aobut it upon your return! :)

Carol Stream...
reviews: 52
2. Re: Sierra Mar Restaurant~Worth It?

Thanks Syragirl~ Good to hear it is worth it! Would you still dine at Cielo or do you recommend somewhere else?

3. Re: Sierra Mar Restaurant~Worth It?

Still dine at Cielo, we like to sit out on their patio, the views are amazing here. One time we just went for appetizers before our meal at Sierra Mar while we were waiting for them to open. :)

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Big Sur
reviews: 40
4. Re: Sierra Mar Restaurant~Worth It?

I just have to pipe in and say YES, they are both worth it. I have dined at Sierra Mar 5 times and Cielo probably 6 or 7 times. They are both special and wonderful. The first time I went to Sierra Mar I was blown away. It was the most incredible dining experience I had ever had. Enjoy!

5. Re: Sierra Mar Restaurant~Worth It?

We have dined at many restaurants in the Monterey/Carmel area and I would say that Sierra Mar and Pacific's Edge at the Highland's Inn are my 2 favorites! :)

6. Re: Sierra Mar Restaurant~Worth It?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 am, September 30, 2009