We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question on Hearst Castle

Which Big Sur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
austin
Question on Hearst Castle

Hello, all

Do we have to take the tourw to visit Hearst Castle? Can we drive our own car instead of taking the bus tour? I can not find the tour schedule for june. I worry about if we get there between tours and have to wait for an hour or so for the next one. It wastes time since we only have one day in the big sur area. I want to use time wisely.

I appreciate your help me on this.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 11
1. Re: Question on Hearst Castle

Hearst Castle is in San Simeon, about 65 miles south of Big Sur. It will take about an hour and a half, depending on stops, each way. You should be able to drive yourself there. The first tour begins around 8am, and the last tour, the evening tour, is scheduled around the time of the sunset.

hearstcastle.org/visitors_center/directions.…

Hope that helps, have a great time.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 11
2. Re: Question on Hearst Castle

... Forgot to add - I recommend calling (the number is on the website) and reserving your tickets and asking them how soon you should be there. You only have to ride the bus up the hillside to the Castle, but you drive yourself to the entrance. The website states it's about 10 minutes between tours, so if you miss one, it doesn't sound like you'd waste too much time waiting.

www.hearstcastle.org/tours/ticket_info.asp

3. Re: Question on Hearst Castle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 am, August 23, 2009