We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opinion on Secrets Silversands and Excellence Riveria Cancun

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Clifton, Virginia
reviews: 4
Opinion on Secrets Silversands and Excellence Riveria Cancun

We are a group of college friends planning a 4-5 night trip to Mexico for our husband's 40th birthdays next summer. We are interested in these two hotels but don't want to feel out of place among all the honeymooners. Anyone have any opinions?

9 replies to this topic
Akron, Ohio
reviews: 1
1. Re: Opinion on Secrets Silversands and Excellence Riveria Cancun

You'd be absolutely fine at SSS. There's a wide variety of ages there and it's a very fun place with great service. I'd be absolutely shocked if you went and came back and said you felt out of place and didn't fit right in. My wife and I just got back a bit over a month ago and had another great stay. I've not been to Excellence so I can't comment on it, sorry.

Harrisburg...
reviews: 6
2. Re: Opinion on Secrets Silversands and Excellence Riveria Cancun

Hello....Have been to ERC. Have not been to SSS, but have followed the reviews and would not hesitate to go there. I don't think you would feel out of place at either resort.

If we were traveling with one other couple, I would choose ERC. If I were traveling with a larger group I would choose SSS. A lot depends on the current clientele that are at the resort, but SSS seems to have more of a party atmosphere. I do know that ERC does not normally arrange for seating more than a group of 4 at the restaurants.

Clifton, Virginia
reviews: 4
3. Re: Opinion on Secrets Silversands and Excellence Riveria Cancun

Thank you all. I think we are also looking into the new Secrets opening this fall in Playa Mujeres

Morton, Illinois
4. Re: Opinion on Secrets Silversands and Excellence Riveria Cancun

My wife and I have just booked our seventh stay at SSS. We have stayed many places in the last 15 years. You will never feel out of place there. Great mix of adult people (some young, some old) who are ON VACATION!

JA

Chester, United...
reviews: 53
5. Re: Opinion on Secrets Silversands and Excellence Riveria Cancun

Hi

We have been to both and based on what you have said I would opt for SSS

Only downside is the beach although much improved on when they opened is still not all that great and shade is at a premium both on the beach and around the pools

Colorado
reviews: 47
6. Re: Opinion on Secrets Silversands and Excellence Riveria Cancun

Does ERC also have a wide mix of people - young and old - or is it primarily honeymooners? We're going to ERC in a couple months and are retired - a little bit past honeymoon age. We don't really care if we're the oldest ones there but are just curious. Most other all inclusive resorts we've been to in the area have had a very diversified mix from people from their 20s up to 70s and beyond. Thanks.

k

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 18
7. Re: Opinion on Secrets Silversands and Excellence Riveria Cancun

We were there last August and going back on Monday. You will not feel out of place. I don't get these concerns with the honeymooners, good for them, but it they are there it certainly is not a problem. Wide range of guests last summer and I expect the same this week.

St. Louis, MO
reviews: 24
8. Re: Opinion on Secrets Silversands and Excellence Riveria Cancun

At our last stay a but over a month ago we were seated at the Hibachi table with retired couple from Ontario, newlyweds from Ohio, an English couple on their 40, and our foursome in our 50's. That's pretty representative of the age and geographic mix. Now where they congregate ends up being more age based , I.e. The 30/ 40 somethings party down by the swim up bar etc. The older and the newlyweds seem to prefer the chill vibe by the spa or beach.

New York City, New...
reviews: 28
9. Re: Opinion on Secrets Silversands and Excellence Riveria Cancun

having been to both resorts i'd say SSS is def better for a group of friends. It has a really nice vibe in the evenings that I feel is a bit more vibrant than ERC at night.

The restaurants were amazing, pools are great. The only thing for us was the ocean is not swimable. otherwise we loved it.

Reply to: Opinion on Secrets Silversands and Excellence Riveria Cancun
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted