We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Silversands in November!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
reviews: 53
Secrets Silversands in November!

Just got done booking Secrets Silversands for November 16-20 (only four nights, must get home for Pittsburgh Light up Night...lol!). My husband and I have previously been to Secrets Capri as well as Secrets Maroma, so I am looking forward to trying a new Secrets resort and seeing the differences between all of them.

11 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
reviews: 14
1. Re: Secrets Silversands in November!

I haven't been to Maroma, but I have been to both Capri and SSS. I would say the food/drink quality is about the same. Capri is more intimate and has some features that SSS doesn't such as a la carte breakfast.

I preferred the rooms at SSS without a doubt

The beach is way better at Capri

Let me know if you have any questions

Pittsburgh...
2. Re: Secrets Silversands in November!

Thank you Ctbnyc---I liked the fact that Capri was more intimate. Maroma was very nice, on a much larger scale. The Secrets quality and reputation were evident in both resorts, so I am looking forward to going to Silversands. My husband and I avoided all -inclusives the past few years, venturing out on our own to St. Thomas and The Turks and Caicos Islands. After discussing a return to another all inclusive, we never even hesitated to go anywhere but a Secrets resort!

New York City, New...
reviews: 29
3. Re: Secrets Silversands in November!

silversands has great food and bars. only thing that keeps us from going back is the ocean. unbelievably rocky! otherwise it is a wonderful resort!

has a great evening vibe.

New York City, New...
4. Re: Secrets Silversands in November!

Alynn, you are going to love SSS! They are true to the Secrets brand and consistent with what I call the "Secrets formula"

Also, I forgot to mention that SSS has this great bar on the beach, Barracuda. Be sure to check it out

Pittsburgh...
5. Re: Secrets Silversands in November!

The ocean being rocky is a bit of a concern. The beach and ocean at Maroma was magnificent. It is not a deal breaker though. We can have just as much fun at the pool. Plus, the pool always seems to be such a more social area so I am sure it will be fine. I also like that idea of the coffee café at Silversands. What a nice touch.

Tulsa, OK
reviews: 1
6. Re: Secrets Silversands in November!

Hi, we have also stayed at Capri and Maroma amd are going on Oct to SSS. Love Sexrets properties! But what are you referring to regarding breakfast at SSS? Do they not offer the full spread in the World Cafe as Capri and Maroma?

Pittsburgh...
7. Re: Secrets Silversands in November!

Oh, I am sure the same buffet is offered. Silversands offers a little coffee shop that has various coffee drinks and pastries and sandwiches in addition to the buffet. They did not offer that at Capri or Maroma when we we were there. It's a nice option to choose from.

New York City, New...
8. Re: Secrets Silversands in November!

Regarding the breakfast; we were able to sit down at an a la carte restaurant on the beach at Capri whereas SSS offers the buffet at World Cafe as the only breakfast option (except room service of course)

Coventry, United...
reviews: 3
9. Re: Secrets Silversands in November!

The new Secrets Playa Murjeres opens the 15th November

Chicago, Illinois
10. Re: Secrets Silversands in November!

My husband and I are also going in November, 15th-21st!! We are first time Secrets visitors and sooo excited!!

Reply to: Secrets Silversands in November!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted