We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Payment for all-Inconclusive

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
6 posts
Payment for all-Inconclusive

I'm a bit concerned about giving my credit card info over the phone when paying for my all-conclusive resort vacation at Azul Sensantoria. Does anyone know of another way to pay this fee.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,522 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Payment for all-Inconclusive

Well, if it's Inconclusive, you can't be sure of anything. LOL

Mark

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
6,453 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: Payment for all-Inconclusive

If you are booking directly with the resort, I cannot see another way to do this, unless they have a website for booking. Just watch your cc statement, there shouldn't be a problem, people do it everyday. Just be aware if their billing office is in Mexico, you will be charged a foreign transaction fee unless you have a cc without any fees such as Capital One. Learned this the hard way with my last booking. Used the wrong credit card.

Edited: 7:17 pm, July 23, 2014
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
8,116 posts
20 reviews
3. Re: Payment for all-Inconclusive

Some resorts don't take your cc until you arrive. Ask if this is an option

Walkerton, Canada
Level Contributor
912 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: Payment for all-Inconclusive

Can you book it thru a site like hotels.com or booking.com or expedia.com? I've never had any problems coing it those ways and I'd be a bit nervous too about giving my cc # over the phone to someone in Mexico.

Seattle
Level Contributor
563 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Payment for all-Inconclusive

So what is the worst that can happen? Someone steals your CC number and runs it up. Then you contact the credit or debit card company and they clear the charges and send you a new card. The hotel is actually taking more risk than you are in that you could find fault when you stay and then file a chargeback claim where you get the room and they get the shaft..

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
2,217 posts
29 reviews
6. Re: Payment for all-Inconclusive

Lol Mark. I don't have an issue giving my cc to someone I called. Don't give to someone that called you. Don't know of any resort booking that does not require a credit card for at least a one night deposit. As Cedar said your credit card company has protection. FYI, Funky, when paying for bills back at home like phone, your are probably giving your cc info to someone in the Phillipines, Egypt, or Colombia.

Walkerton, Canada
Level Contributor
912 posts
12 reviews
7. Re: Payment for all-Inconclusive

Actually I don't pay my bills over the phone! I see your point, but I'd rather not pay for a vacation that way.

Seattle
Level Contributor
563 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Payment for all-Inconclusive

Last year we booked the El Faro in PDC for part of our trip in Nov. In Sept we learned that the management company was fired for embelishment and ran off with all deposits and prepaid rooms moneys. One call to My bank since I paid with Visa, charges were voided immediately. I would not pay any other way than with my Credit card.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
2,217 posts
29 reviews
9. Re: Payment for all-Inconclusive

Funky, what payment method do you use. I book package deals with companies like Travelocity and have to use a credit card. Have never booked directly with a property in Mexico, but don't they still require at least a deposit? I know with transport companies you can use paypal. They are actually one of the few where I pay cash.

Ok, I think I just realized the issue is not paying in advance but giving out cc info on phone as opposed to online. I see the point now. :-)

Edited: 11:00 pm, July 23, 2014
Philadelphia...
6 posts
10. Re: Payment for all-Inconclusive

My bad!