We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Azul Beach or Moon Palace?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glastonbury...
reviews: 4
Azul Beach or Moon Palace?

We are headed to Mexico in March of 2015 for a week with our 3 boys who will be 9,6 and 3. We are currently booked at Moon Palace in Cancun, but I am thinking of transferring our booking to Azul Beach. Any input? Boys need lots of activity, but I need to remain sane. Size and beach at Azul (plus a swim up suite) are a big draw. Will there be enough for them to do? Any suggestions would b helpful.

11 replies to this topic
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
reviews: 71
1. Re: Azul Beach or Moon Palace?

Apples versus watermelons.

Azul Beach is a lovely and intimate boutique resort with good food and a great staff. It is charming and elegant.

Moon is huge and more of a convention resort IMO - but with lots to do for kids.

I would never stay at Moon as it is everything I avoid when choosing a resort. That being said, it is likely a better choice for you if you are trying to please very active kids.

Moon Palace is not actually located in what most people consider to be Cancun. It is near the airport. You will not get the gorgeous beaches and ocean color of the hotel zone at Moon.

Glastonbury...
2. Re: Azul Beach or Moon Palace?

Thank you--I am definitely not a fan of giant resorts...I would love to do Azul, but I wonder if they have enough stuff going on to keep the boys busy. It looks like they run lots of activities all day...have you been?

LOWER WOODSTOCK
reviews: 8
3. Re: Azul Beach or Moon Palace?

Don't know if you tried this already, but just do a search and put in Azul kids and there seems to be several threads relevant to your question. The search function is very good as nearly every question has already been asked!

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
reviews: 71
4. Re: Azul Beach or Moon Palace?

DebC, I cannot answer that. I have only been to Azul for events (weddings, dinners, lunches) and not stayed there. The rooms are gorgeous in the new section and they have a kids club. We avoid areas where there are kids so hopefully someone else can assist.

And the suggestion to search the forums is a great one!

Dallas, Texas
reviews: 36
5. Re: Azul Beach or Moon Palace?

We've been to Azul Beach 3 times and loved it! Great rooms, great resort and fabulous service! We also love that it's a small resort. We took our kids twice and they were younger the first time and teens the second. We found plenty to do for them and loved the swim out rooms! Just talked to my neighbor 4 days ago after returning from moon palace with kids and one comment that stood out was that she said that the beach is horrible there. Beach at Azul is great and you can snorkel too! I agree with the above recommendation......check out the other reviews on the subject! Good luck!

Glastonbury...
6. Re: Azul Beach or Moon Palace?

Thanks so much! Just moved our res to Azul. Very excited.

Stony Plain, Canada
reviews: 12
7. Re: Azul Beach or Moon Palace?

Deb, we are heading to the Azul Beach in August. We usually stick to adult-only resorts but this is a family trip which will include our 5 grandchildren. I will let you know more details about the activities for kids once we get back, but for now I'd say that other posts and reviews make it sound like we should both have some pretty happy kids during our vacations!

Glastonbury...
8. Re: Azul Beach or Moon Palace?

Thanks, Lori! Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

Stony Plain, Canada
reviews: 12
9. Re: Azul Beach or Moon Palace?

Hi Deb

We just got home yesterday from the Azul Beach. I know you will have a wonderful time at this resort. As Gottavacation mentioned, the beach is excellent for kids. We brought snorkel sets for the kids and they lived in the water! It is calm and clear and shallow, and adults and kids alike loved scouting out the interesting sea creatures. We also brought blow up floaties for the younger kids and they were a real bonus in the ocean and in the deeper pools. There were lots of sand toys that the resort supplied. We also had our own sinker toys for the pool and they were a hit. The Kid Club is amazing for younger kids but there are also good video games and Lego sets for older kids. The movie nights and live shows were very age-appropriate for our 5,4,3 and2 year old grandkids, but may not interest your 9 year old. There was volleyball and soccer on the beach for kids that age. You can also take out kyaks which was fun. The entertainment team was great as they really interacted with the kids. I suspect your 9 year old will have a great time with them. The kiddy pool will be good for your younger two...it is very shallow so they can play without needing to swim.

I think you will love the size and pace of this resort, and your kids will love it too!

Great Smoky...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
reviews: 81
10. Re: Azul Beach or Moon Palace?

There are videos to look at on youtube for Azul Beach (as well as many AI's, hotels, etc.) and many of the places that people consider a visit to. I find it helpful, combined with TA reviews, when choosing a place or something to do. But that's me.

Reply to: Azul Beach or Moon Palace?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted