We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursion Bookings - from Puerto Morelos

Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 3
Excursion Bookings - from Puerto Morelos

What is the best company to book excursions through? Should I book before or wait until I arrive?

6 replies to this topic
Harrisburg...
reviews: 5
1. Re: Excursion Bookings - from Puerto Morelos

Julie....What excursions are looking at participating in?

Private excursions are more expensive, but to many people worth the extra cost.

On most excursions you will be picked up at your hotel and will share a ride with other people from other resorts. Hours can be lost on picking up and dropping off people. You will also arrive at the excursion location around the same time as all of the other excursions and feel overwhelmed with the crowds.

Since you entered this question on the Puerto Morelos forum, I'm guessing you are staying in the area. A public excursion to Cancun wouldn't be too bad, but one to Tulum or Xelha would be painful IMHO.

Some of the excursion locations include transportation when you book direct with them. I have found most times this will be cheaper than booking thru a third party. I always booked my trips before arriving. Just check to see what their rescheduling policy is. The one's that I dealt with are very flexible, if weather is an issue.

If you would be interested in a private excursion, you could check out USA transfers or Canada transfers.

Puerto Morelos
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos
reviews: 11
2. Re: Excursion Bookings - from Puerto Morelos

We have 2 small tour companies based in Puerto Morelos that have a variety of private tours of the region ECAB TOURS www.ecabexplorer.com and KOOL TOURS https:/…153538982430

yes it is best to book in advance, especially for small businesses like ours!

best

cat

thelittlemexicancookingschool.com

reviews: 3
3. Re: Excursion Bookings - from Puerto Morelos

Thank you!!!

Columbus, OH
reviews: 100
4. Re: Excursion Bookings - from Puerto Morelos

catinmexico, are the prices for private tours pp adult & child?

Taunton...
reviews: 119
5. Re: Excursion Bookings - from Puerto Morelos

We used a private driver or tours the past few years and we love it as its small groups, you leave when you want to, and can plan your own tours... I can give you his name/number

In June we did Ek Balam and their cenote with meal afterwards at a local restaurant, last eat we did Chichen Itza, Ik Kil and Ek Balam and valladolid for Lunch. We left early for CI and got thei before the tour buses, the pics lookmed fake as we were the only ones there..when we left by Noonclose to 50 tour buses were there...

This June we used Buceo Xtabay for the second time, 2 years back we did Whale Sharks from POMO and is was amazing, this year we did Chikin Ha Cenote and Akumal with the sea turtles. Again, private tour, nice A/C small van, and we said what time we wanted to leave..

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
6. Re: Excursion Bookings - from Puerto Morelos

Again, most places (Isla Ferry, Akumal, Playa, Xel-Ha, Xcaret, Tulum, Xplor) are right on the main highway and can be accessed very easily.

You have a choice of public transportation (colectivo, buses), taxis, big bus resort tours and smaller semi - private or private tours (great ideas for ECAB / KOOL)

Edited: 8:39 pm, July 26, 2014
Reply to: Excursion Bookings - from Puerto Morelos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted