We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dreams riviera

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Andover, United...
reviews: 3
dreams riviera

Hi we are staying at dreams riviera for 9 nights in sept.

Just wanting to know how this resort stands up against other resorts close by.

My worry for booking dreams is that its very secluded and reviews suggest expensive transport to other places.

We can still change from dreams if we find something of similar price if needed.

Any help would be appreciated.

8 replies to this topic
Chester, United...
reviews: 53
1. Re: dreams riviera

Can you expand on what your are looking for in the resort you want to stay at for your forthcoming trip and why you selected Dreams to begin with

Also are you travelling as a couple or with children and if so what age they are

Thanks

Andover, United...
2. Re: dreams riviera

We are a couple without children

We choose dreams as reviews was very good and it fell within our budget.

My only concern is a bit secluded but if we can get transport into cancun as we would like to visit cocco bongo and maybe a little shopping.

I was just wondering how dreams stands up against near by resorts

Chester, United...
reviews: 53
3. Re: dreams riviera

Hi

It stands up well against other family resorts but for a adult only trip there are many better, more suited resorts but most will be more expensive. Many of the properties in the area do sit far off the main highway and you would need to get a taxi into PDC or Cancun

Andover, United...
4. Re: dreams riviera

Ok thanks for your reply

We will probably only want to go into cancun for cocco bongo night and maybe for shopping.

Any idea what the cost of a taxi will be or maybe a bus service available.

Also do you know if dreams do any excursions like scuba diving tours ect ect...

again thanks for your reply

Harrisburg...
reviews: 6
5. Re: dreams riviera

Hello...I haven't stayed at Dreams Riviera Cancun, but have stayed at the resort beside it, Excellence Riviera Cancun. We did stay at Dreams Tulum with our adult children. We all had a great time.

Cab rates are set and fairly high in this area. Dreams to Cancun is @ $30-40 dollars (400 pesos). Best to pay with pesos if possible. The current exchange rate is @ 13 pesos=1 US dollar. If you pay with US dollars, the cabs only give you a 10-1 exchange rate.

Puerto Morelos is about a 1 1/2 mile walk down the beach (or a 200 peso cab ride) There are a couple of highly recommended dive shops in town. Do a search for Puerto Morelos Activities on this site.

Most, if not all of the resorts have third party vendors on site for booking excursions. I read somewhere that Aquaworld is at Dreams Riviera Cancun. Maybe someone else can verify this.

long island, ny
reviews: 19
6. Re: dreams riviera

Dreams Riviera Cancun is a great resort. We actually visited once with our children and then went back again without them!

I think there may be some confusion with the name...it is not in or near Cancun. If you wanted to be closer to the action than a resort in cancun would have been a better choice.

This resort could really be called Dreams Puerto Morelos for a more accurate description.

I think I remember them organizing late night trips to coco bongos. It's been awhile, so I my memory may be fuzzy!

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
reviews: 67
7. Re: dreams riviera

Dreams Riviera Cancun is a very nice resort. Rooms are spacious and well appointed, beach was nicer than expected with lots of shade, food was good, staff was excellent! Lobby bar has live music every evening and was one of the best we have seen at a resort.

It is not an adult only resort but I assume you booked knowing that.

It is no more "remote" than most resorts in the Riviera Maya. If you want to be in walking distance to shopping, bars, etc, then you will need to choose a resort in the hotel zone or Playa del Carmen.

I would not change resorts for the reasons you are concerned about. It is very nice resort overall.

Andover, United...
8. Re: dreams riviera

Ok thanks for replys

Think we will stick and give dreams a try

Could someone advise on smoking in the resort rooms pool bars ect ect...

Reply to: dreams riviera
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted