We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay with kids?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Sand Lake, New...
reviews: 2
Where to stay with kids?

. We need a place with a good kids club, as well as evening entertainment, great pool, beach, etc. our kids will be 9 and 6 and we will be going in January. Which would you recommend: NOW jade or El Cid ?

Alternatively, we are thinking of going back to Dominican Repulblic and looking at Dreams Punta Cana, Iberostar Bavaro or Melia Caribe Tropical?>

thank you!

17 replies to this topic
Brookfield...
reviews: 10
11. Re: Where to stay with kids?

The Barcelo resort consists of three different categories. On the lower priced end, there are two, the Maya and Beach. In the Middle are the Colonial and Tropical and on the higher end is the Palace section. If you're in the Palace, you have access to the entire resort., otherwise there are some limitations.

We were in Punta Cana once and stayed at Ocean Blue. Apple gave it a 5 rating, I'd barely give it a 2. I have a friend who just got back from the Melia Caribe and he said it was the best all inclusive resort he has ever stayed at and has been raving about it.

West Sand Lake, New...
12. Re: Where to stay with kids?

AHH.. didn't realize those were all Barcelo resorts you were recommending. i am not sure i want to throw anymore options into my mix.. ha! i am reallly focused now on Now Jade or El Cid in Mexico and hte three i mentioned in Punta Cana.

MD - USA
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos, Yucatan Peninsula
reviews: 56
13. Re: Where to stay with kids?

Neither had great nightly activity for the kids. They both had some but not a lot. I know that you don't want to add more but from a children's nightly program standpoint the Palladium was my kids favorite.

West Sand Lake, New...
14. Re: Where to stay with kids?

Preziam- Palladium in Mexico or Punta Cana?

Brookfield...
reviews: 10
15. Re: Where to stay with kids?

We loved the Now Jade, but my kids are 18 and 19, so we spent the entire at the adult pool. The family pool area looked very nice though. We did walk over to El Cid a couple if times and that looked like it was very nice.

However, the beach areas at both are nowhere as nice as what you'll find in Punta Cana! The beaches there are the best we have ever seen.

MD - USA
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos, Yucatan Peninsula
reviews: 56
16. Re: Where to stay with kids?

Mexico. I have been 3 times but the took the kids twice. They loved it and the kids club had a good night program.

Billings, Montana
reviews: 124
17. Re: Where to stay with kids?

Grand Palladium Colonial

Reply to: Where to stay with kids?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted