We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay with kids?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Sand Lake, New...
reviews: 2
Where to stay with kids?

. We need a place with a good kids club, as well as evening entertainment, great pool, beach, etc. our kids will be 9 and 6 and we will be going in January. Which would you recommend: NOW jade or El Cid ?

Alternatively, we are thinking of going back to Dominican Repulblic and looking at Dreams Punta Cana, Iberostar Bavaro or Melia Caribe Tropical?>

thank you!

17 replies to this topic
MD - USA
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos, Yucatan Peninsula
reviews: 55
1. Re: Where to stay with kids?

I have stayed with kids at both El Cid and NJ. From a with kids perspective I give the nod to El Cid but both my children and I would happily return to either. Both are very nice resorts. Let us know if you have specific questions. I have not stayed at any of your DR options.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
2. Re: Where to stay with kids?

Why restrict yourself to these 2 places.

They are many places (100 miles) of resorts that have kid friendly resorts

West Sand Lake, New...
3. Re: Where to stay with kids?

Thanks to both. Not restricting myself. If u have a great suggestion for a place not too far from airport with great amenities and kids orogr, please let me know!

Chester, United...
reviews: 56
4. Re: Where to stay with kids?

You could also look at the likes of Paradisus La Esmeralda & Dream Riviera Cancun

In Punta Cana you may also want to look at Now Larimar

There are loads of good family resorts

Edited: 8:37 am, July 22, 2014
West Sand Lake, New...
5. Re: Where to stay with kids?

Is there anything g wrong with the ones I listed?

MD - USA
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos, Yucatan Peninsula
reviews: 55
6. Re: Where to stay with kids?

Not at all. El Cid is one of my kids favorites. They liked NJ too but not as much activity wise for the kids. They are both good family resorts.

New York
reviews: 21
7. Re: Where to stay with kids?

the kids club at dreams Riviera cancun is GREAT! My kids loved it and never wanted to leave. The women who work there are amazing. They keep the kids occupied all day.

West Sand Lake, New...
8. Re: Where to stay with kids?

how about nightly activities at both at Jade , Dreams or El Cid? Did they have shows for adults and kids?

Brookfield...
reviews: 10
9. Re: Where to stay with kids?

We have stayed at several different resorts up and down Riviera Maya - Iberostar, Gran Bahia, Now Jade and Dreams. But when our kids were that age, the best by far was Barcelo. We liked it so much, we were there twice. They are really set up great for families and especially younger kids. There's a mini water park, nice kids club, the outdoor buffets with chicken nuggets, hamburgers and self serve ice cream and one of the best beaches in the RM area. It has a great layout that's easy to get around. Best bet is to stay in either Colonial or Tropical. It's in the middle of the resort and at a price point similar to Dreams, Now Jade and El Cid.

West Sand Lake, New...
10. Re: Where to stay with kids?

thanks HuskerBadge. when you say Colonial or tropical- are those the actual name of the hotels in Rivera Maya? Have you been to Punta Cana too?

Reply to: Where to stay with kids?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted