We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pros and cons of Hotel El Marino Cid?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
126 reviews
Pros and cons of Hotel El Marino Cid?

Considering this resort over Great Parnassus due to a recommendation from a coworker. Can any add pros or cons of this resort from their past experience or comparison of it to GP?

28 replies to this topic
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
979 posts
37 reviews
1. Re: Pros and cons of Hotel El Marino Cid?

We've been to El Cid and really enjoyed our visit. Having said that.....we've been to over a dozen resorts in the area so we like to try different resorts. Went with our kids but probably wouldn't go back if they weren't with us since we like adults only when we aren't traveling with them. Huge wonderful pool, good food, good service and they did have an adults only pool when we were there. Also, we had a one bedroom suite which was big and had a murphy bed in living room for kids. So the extra room was really great! Beach was fine, great activities and they even offered a bicycle tour into Puerto Morelos which was really nice (the town is wonderful)!!! I will say that if Great Parnassus is in Cancun....we would never go! To us....Cancun is just a bunch of hotels all along a huge beach with a bunch of people!! The Riveria Maya area (Puerto Morelos, Playa del Carmen,etc) is wonderful lush tropical resorts with tons of wonderful vegitation/cool landscaping. The resorts are not stacked against each other! I would read trip reports on both resorts and judge a lot from there and see if the reports fit what you are looking for in a vacation.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
126 reviews
2. Re: Pros and cons of Hotel El Marino Cid?

Thanks for the info. My biggest need is a fun time for my 3 kids and decent food and drinks fory husband and I. A clean place to stay and safe. We've been to riviera maya twice, never stayed in cancun.

sw michigan
Level Contributor
218 posts
3. Re: Pros and cons of Hotel El Marino Cid?

Lack of a snack bar (while vacationing with kids) is a deal-breaker for a return visit.

texas
Level Contributor
195 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Pros and cons of Hotel El Marino Cid?

EL Cid hands down, the kids will love it, mine did. The resort is very nice and clean, food is good too. All the eating areas and lobby are air conditioned which is a big plus in Mexico.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
126 reviews
5. Re: Pros and cons of Hotel El Marino Cid?

Timwol what do you mean? Are there times during the day that there is not food available?

texas
Level Contributor
195 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Pros and cons of Hotel El Marino Cid?

There may be 30 minutes to an hour late morning from 11:30 to 12:00 and evening from maybe 5:30 to 6:00 or 6:30 were the restaurants are closed but other than that at least one is always open for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. If you pay for Platinum club they always have snacks, fruit, and drinks in the Platinum lounge all day.

Unlike some other resorts you can not take food out of the restaurants, which in my opinion is why this resort is always so clean and nice. You will not see bugs, birds, and food/plates laying around everywhere like some other places.

I think breakfast is open from 7:00-11:30, lunch 12:00-maybe 5:30, and dinner probably opens around 6:00.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
979 posts
37 reviews
7. Re: Pros and cons of Hotel El Marino Cid?

If there's no food times......just order room service!!! I can't remember, but isn't that included??

texas
Level Contributor
195 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Pros and cons of Hotel El Marino Cid?

Yes room service is included, my daughter ordered it once one evening and it took 10 minutes to arrive. I was impressed since I told her it would take 45 minutes.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
126 reviews
9. Re: Pros and cons of Hotel El Marino Cid?

It is AllInclusive, is there anything out side of the normal that isn't included? (Food, drinks, alcohol, non motorized water sports).

texas
Level Contributor
195 posts
3 reviews
10. Re: Pros and cons of Hotel El Marino Cid?

They have wine lists at the a la carts that you have to pay extra for if you want a certain bottle of wine. All non motorized water sports are included, we did the kayaks, boogie boards, paddle boards, and hobie cat sailboats. Jet skis are extra and they do not have snorkel stuff. if you want a snorkel tour or fishing trip from their marina that is also extra.

Everything else is included except for WIFI in your room, it is extra if you want it.

They also have a free bike ride to town at 10 and 4 that last about 2 hours, we did that also.

Cab ride to town is 100 pesos equals to about $8USD.

Reply to: Pros and cons of Hotel El Marino Cid?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted