We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royalton Riviera Cancun

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fife, Scotland
reviews: 5
Royalton Riviera Cancun

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone knew how the building work is coming along and when the planned opening date is ?

It's on sale now in the UK for 2015 and I'm interested in booking. However, I want to ensure that any date I book is at least 3 months after opening to ensure that most of the intial glitches are ironed out.

Thanks.

430 replies to this topic
Ascot, United...
1. Re: Royalton Riviera Cancun

Hi, Can you please tell me which tour operator this hotel is available to book with in the UK . I went to Royalton Punta Cana in April and it was fabulous & I am very interested in booking this one :-)

Fife, Scotland
2. Re: Royalton Riviera Cancun

It seems to be through First Choice / Thomsons although I haven't seen it advertised on their own website ! It's available to book on Tescocompare.com/holidays and the prices are pretty good just now.

I can't find any info at all about planned opening date etc and I've tried emailing Royalton and Sunwing. At the moment it seems to be on sale from May 2015. I had been thinking about going in either July or Oct so will probably choose October if I do book as I know there were quite a few issues at Royalton Punta Cana in the first month or two after opening.

If you find out any imfo can you let me know please ?

Ascot, United...
3. Re: Royalton Riviera Cancun

Yes I will ... We went to Punta Cana for a great price !! That opened in December & we went in April ... By that time any teething problems had been ironed out & we had the best holiday ever !! That was with Thomsons & I would definitely book this resort ... They are a 5 star company & you will have a fantastic time .. We did !!! The prices have now soared ... We took a chance & it paid off .... I would certainly do it again :-)

Fife, Scotland
4. Re: Royalton Riviera Cancun

Thanks. Sounds like you had a fantastic holiday !

I'm also tempted by Royalton Punta Cana. I know our two teenage sons would love the water park at Memories. A little concerned how busy the pool and beach areas seem to be though and how hard it seems to be to get a shaded spot. Did you upgrade to Diamond Club ?

Solihull, United...
5. Re: Royalton Riviera Cancun

I can't find it on tesco compare - how did you do your search to find it?

Fife, Scotland
6. Re: Royalton Riviera Cancun

I was looking for July or Oct 2015 from Manchester. Just filter by 5* etc. I searched again just now and it is still on the Tesco Compare website.

Ashley, Pennsylvania
reviews: 55
7. Re: Royalton Riviera Cancun

Anyone have a map of the location?

Fife, Scotland
8. Re: Royalton Riviera Cancun

First Choice now have this on their own website.

Richmond
reviews: 3
9. Re: Royalton Riviera Cancun

We have actually booked via first choice for our honeymoon in August 2015! Price seemed amazing for the suite with private rooftop pool and butler for 10 nights. Just hope it will have been open for a while by then and had all of the teething problems ironed out. I guess the price reflects buying before it opens??

Does anyone know how building works are going?

Fife, Scotland
10. Re: Royalton Riviera Cancun

It's very difficult to find any info on the planned opening date etc. Sunwing who I believe are the parent company of Royalton seem to be selling the hotel from January 2015. First Choice had suggested mid april to me !

I fancy a suite in the Hideaway section for next May but won't book until I know when the proposed opening date is.

Reply to: Royalton Riviera Cancun
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted