We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams riveira cancun, last minute questions

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Aberdeen, United...
reviews: 83
Dreams riveira cancun, last minute questions

Arriving next week and have a couple of questions.

Is there a washing line or track on the balcony for drying costumes etc or should I take one with me.

I know there is a laundry there. Do they supply washing powder or do you have to buy this either at the hotel or local supermarket.

Thanks 10 sleeps!!!!!

London, England
reviews: 3
1. Re: Dreams riveira cancun, last minute questions

We were at DRC a few years ago and the only washing line was in the shower area. Didn't use the laundry.

We are going again in August.

New York
reviews: 19
2. Re: Dreams riveira cancun, last minute questions

we didn't use the laundry services (I didn't even know they had it).

there is a drying line in the shower but we found just putting our suits out on the balcony to dry was much better since the air circulation in the shower isn't great.

East Molesey...
reviews: 3
3. Re: Dreams riveira cancun, last minute questions

I think most hotels encourage you to dry your clothes in the shower room so there is not washing hanging outside. We quite often drape our costumes over the back of a chair. Although I did hear a story that a spider laid its eggs in a costume left out over night ..... Not sure if true but definitely made me think twice ;-)

kent
reviews: 1
4. Re: Dreams riveira cancun, last minute questions

can anyone who has been shed any light on the location of DRC? It seems to be that the cost of public transport is so expensive and not much really within walking distance so its like your almost trapped unless you drive and hire a car :p

I am going in a couple of weeks now and really dont want to be stuck in the hotel all the time, and likewise dont want to be paying £50 for a trip to cancun when its only 20 mins drive away or so

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
reviews: 61
5. Re: Dreams riveira cancun, last minute questions

DRC is very close to the town of Puerto Morelos. Not sure what you are looking for but PM has some shoping, nice restaurants, great snorkeling tours.

Ocean City, New...
6. Re: Dreams riveira cancun, last minute questions

There is a laundry service. where you send items out to be cleaned and pay per item. There is no self serve laundry facilities so no need for laundry detergent of your own (unless you plan to use your sink or shower!).

Aberdeen, United...
reviews: 83
7. Re: Dreams riveira cancun, last minute questions

Thanks for all your replies, really helpful

long island, ny
reviews: 19
8. Re: Dreams riveira cancun, last minute questions

Both times we stayed at DRC our rooms had a metal wall rack outside for hanging wet suits

9. Re: Dreams riveira cancun, last minute questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 am, July 10, 2013
10. Re: Dreams riveira cancun, last minute questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 07, 2014