We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabanas Puero Morelos

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 31
Cabanas Puero Morelos

Has anyone stayed here and what do you think?

9 replies to this topic
Salt Lake City USA
reviews: 10
1. Re: Cabanas Puero Morelos

A reasonably-priced property with big showers. The upper units (4-6) each have a spiral staircase to the roof. Some A/C units may not be up to capacity in summer. Next to CAsa CAribe* (Little Mexican Cooking School) for good breakfasts (seasonal) and Sunday brunch.

*CAsa CAribe is CAptained by CAt.

Edited: 8:33 pm, June 27, 2013
WV
reviews: 61
2. Re: Cabanas Puero Morelos

We stayed here and though it wasn't for us, it was not a bad place. The AC did not cool the room (second floor), the walk to the beach was not long, but you had to cross the street and go through an empty lot. When you got there there was a nice wide beach with a lot of sea grass and in late July, larvae that created an uncomfortable itch on our skin. Hubby is fair skinned and requires shade and there was none available. Without chairs and an umbrella-no AC, it was not pleasant. The rooftop view was fabulous, but there was no shade or furniture there either. It suited us better for stargazing. The walk to town was pleasant, but the walk back at night a bit uncomfortable past several abandoned properties. The pool area was well shaded, beautiful foliage, but the pool itself was small, warm and they allowed the resident dog to swim with the guests which left a lot of hair.

reviews: 31
3. Re: Cabanas Puero Morelos

Thanks for all the feedback!

Amherstburg, Canada
reviews: 2
4. Re: Cabanas Puero Morelos

from post #2 - "the walk back at night a bit uncomfortable past several abandoned properties". Has anybody else found this to be an issue? We stayed a few years ago at Playasol, with the kids, and the walk back at night was always fine. I do realize that this place is a wee bit further than Playasol. Wife and I are starting to plan our visit (just the 2 of us) for feb/15 and Cabanas is one of the places we are looking at.

Salt Lake City USA
reviews: 10
5. Re: Cabanas Puero Morelos

At the time they were at Cabanas, some new beachfront properties were finishing construction, but no one lived there yet. Maybe this is what they referred to. There are no abandoned properties that I know of along that stretch of beach. Property there is too valuable to abandon.

Amherstburg, Canada
6. Re: Cabanas Puero Morelos

When I took a look at Cabanas, 3 or 4 years ago, there were no buildings across the street - just a view of the sea. Any of the new construction take place on those empty lots?

LOWER WOODSTOCK
reviews: 3
7. Re: Cabanas Puero Morelos

Well I'm sitting right here, right now. On the way into town there is the federal govt. vacant lot, but lots of houses and condos on the beach side of the street. Every evening when we walked home after dinner, there were lots of other people coming and going, plus cars driving by and there are street lights. I never felt unsafe. I am cautious as I would be if I was walking anywhere in the dark. Yes a small hotel was built across the street which takes up a small piece of the beach horizon but sitting here on my first floor balcony, I can see a bit of water gleaming away. I'm sure on the second floor and the roof, there is plenty of sea to see....I love this place. It's quiet, affordable, clean, friendly and to me, comfortable. I love having a kitchen and screen doors that open to let the constant breezes waft through.

Amherstburg, Canada
8. Re: Cabanas Puero Morelos

Debrah...lucky you..thanks for your input...I remember that the gate from the street was locked, so I would guess that guests will have a key to come and go? Another thing (but please don't spend your vacation time answering me - wait until you get home - no hurry) - are there any type of chairs that we would be able to bring down to the beach?

LOWER WOODSTOCK
reviews: 3
9. Re: Cabanas Puero Morelos

It's ok, I'm sitting after my last dips in the ocean and pool, not really ready to leave but am being picked up in an hour to head towards airport...killing time! Yes, you are given keys for the gate and your room. Yes, every room is given two beach chairs to carry across the street to the beach. It takes you 2 1/2 minutes to walk to the shoreline, at some resorts, it takes you a lot longer than that to get to the ocean!! Because of the reef just off shore, the water is very swimmable, even after a few days of strong winds, there are no real waves. The beach is very wide, no hustlers, and the town has a tractor that rakes it and cleans it almost every morning.

Reply to: Cabanas Puero Morelos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted