We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cups at SSS

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
Cups at SSS

We are going to SSS at the end of June, it will be our first Mexico/AI vacation ever. This may be a silly question, but one tip I've read about AI's many times is to bring your own reusable cup for drinks. I've read some resorts use little plastic cups for their drinks. Is this true at SSS? I'm not so concerned about drink size, but would rather have something reusable if possible. If they have real glasses they wash, then we probably wouldn't bring our own.

Thanks!

Ocean City, New...
1. Re: Cups at SSS

They do use plastic glasses outside, reusable ones they wash, not disposable plastic. No "real" glass outside when laying by the pool or on the beach, for obvious reasons.

Chester, United...
reviews: 53
2. Re: Cups at SSS

No real need to bring your own cup/mug to a resort such as SSS

Bloomington...
reviews: 12
3. Re: Cups at SSS

The key benefit people see in bringing their own cups is to have an insulated cup/mug that will keep your drink cold far longer than the standard cup/glass. We usually travel with insulated sleeves/koozies for water bottles, but I'm considering bringing along a Tervis tumbler this time.

Indianapolis...
reviews: 3
4. Re: Cups at SSS

We have never felt the need to take our own cups. I could understand why some people choose to do so.

Ocean City, New...
5. Re: Cups at SSS

Tervis tumblers are GREAT! They keep drinks cold for hours and aren't nearly as tacky as those huge Bubba kegs that some people bring (sorry Bubba fans but imho, those huge ones are tacky!). I always bring a Tervis tumbler as I like to drink ICE water during the day, works like a charm!

Calgary, Canada
6. Re: Cups at SSS

Thank you so much for the replies!

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
reviews: 13
7. Re: Cups at SSS

Get a insulated cup/mug of a size that suits your needs..I like my beer very cold and that can sometimes be difficult in the heat, so I bring along a small 6 pack soft sided cooler and ice down my own beers...At SSS this March, many a fellow vacationer expressed their fondness of my cooler..

I don't worry too much about what someone might consider tacky, hey it's my vacation too...

8. Re: Cups at SSS

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 26, 2014