We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions

Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 3
Excursions

There are a few excursions that have taken my eye can anyone shed any light on them?

Xcaret - is this a worthwhile trip? and journey time from Sensatori.

Isla Mujeres looks beautiful but how easily can you get there from sensatori?

Chichen Itza - I know this is a long journey but undoubtedly the main sightseeing excursion in Mexico can anyone shed any light on it?

Any other excursion recommendations most welcome.

We will probably take a trip into Cancun and Playa Del Carmen too.

Many thanks

12 replies to this topic
London, United...
1. Re: Excursions

Just bumping this up as no replies

Saulnierville...
2. Re: Excursions

Depends on your tastes. My wife and I enjoyed the ruins at Coba. Was closer, less "touristy", and even had its own pyramid. Tulum was beautiful, more tourists though, but the place to take postcard photos. I also had fun at Xel-Ha (spelling?). Diving off cliffs, swimming with tonnes of fish and a dolphin enclosure as well. Go to any cenote and be amazed at the clear water, freshwater fish, and the different sizes of underground caverns. Scuba at Cozumel- no further comments needed.

I have also heard isla mujeres is something special, but can't comment. All in all, lots of options, beautiful part of the country for sure, so plan ahead and be prepared to be amazed no matter what you decide. Just make sure you don't do too much, you'll miss the best part of the Mayan, the relaxation and serenity.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
3. Re: Excursions

Isla is easy to get to - ferry just past Cancun - grab a taxi to the ferry

goto the Isla forum

New York City, New...
reviews: 1
4. Re: Excursions

I was in cancun about a week ago I did the Isla mujeres tour And it was horrible. Nice experience on the boat but once in the island we didnt like it. I plan on going to the ruins on my next trip.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
5. Re: Excursions

who said to do a tour

read up, read other people who use the local ferry, rent a golf cart, wander the town and the beaches

Half the fun is researching and planning a diy excursion

New York City, New...
reviews: 1
6. Re: Excursions

Excursion/ tour same difference

But even if I used the ferry I didnt like Isla Mujeres that my opinion. I just didnt like it and I would not go back!

London, United...
7. Re: Excursions

Has anyone done a dolphin swim? And if so which companies would you recommend?

Puerto Morelos
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos
reviews: 10
8. Re: Excursions

please search on this forum there is oodles of information on these topics - then come back to us with specific questions and we love to help!

JOHNSTOWN, PA
reviews: 76
9. Re: Excursions

Xcaret - have done this and yes it is worth it to go once. Thanks to hubby I missed the evening show but loved the rest of it.

Isla Mujeres - I really like this also. Planning on going back hopefully this trip and renting a golf cart. Last time we did a tour over and swam with a young one. This trip is for adults.

Can't remember which ruins I've done in Mexico because I've done a few. I always enjoy the ruins tours. I prefer the ones that are not overrun with people.

Puerto Aventuras...
10. Re: Excursions

Captain Quickie here.

If you do decide to go to X-Caret (should do once) make sure you stay for the night show, IMHO it is the best part of the whole experience and there are many great things in the park.

Reply to: Excursions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted