We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Now Jade-Yes or No?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Catharpin...
reviews: 12
Now Jade-Yes or No?

I have booked this resort for our family vacation. Depending on the day, the reviews range from pretty terrible to great. I don't know what to think. I am going with my husband and two daughters aged 15 and 11. We all have been to Cancun many times and I am getting worried that this resort will be disappointing. I am starting to second guess this pick and wonder if I should cancel??

Any advice??

Northern US
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
reviews: 5
1. Re: Now Jade-Yes or No?

Read the reviews that are negative. If the things they don't like are things that would bother you then perhaps you should switch. If the majority of the complaints are about things that wouldn't bother your family then you should be fine. NOW Jade seems to get the "I love it" or "I hate it" reviews.

MD - USA
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos, Yucatan Peninsula
reviews: 55
2. Re: Now Jade-Yes or No?

NJ is a nice place. Reviews run hot and cold. Pay the most attention to ones that are written by people who do many reviews. Click on thier name and see where they liked. I have stayed all over this area in all ranges of resorts. I think NJ was very nice. Not amazing, but very nice. Click on my name and you can read my review. Feel free to let us know where you have stayed and liked in Cancun and I will try to compare it to one.

Philadelphia...
reviews: 32
3. Re: Now Jade-Yes or No?

We went in June of 2010, stayed in a PC OV room and thus far it is our favorite resort in the area. However, we would only stay in a PC room. We are returning in May. I can't wait. I agree with Mad Maya and Preziam for the most part. I tend to pay close attention to reviews written by well-traveled folks whose priorities and expectations in a vacation destination are the same as mine. I also pay little attention to reviewers who have not researched the resort. I also think the resort is different during high season, low season and in shoulder season. We never travel during high season or during spring break. Last but not least, if there is one thing that keeps cropping up in the reviews, than I tend to prepare myself for it to be true. If it is something that would bother me, than I don't go there.

I do believe there is a big difference between a stay in a PC room and a stay in a regular room. We prefer the quiet, so we loved the PC side with the huge rooms and the Jacuzzi on the balcony. The adults only pool and quiet area on the beach are right outside. For us, it is like staying in a resort within a resort. We visit the other side for lunch and are always happy to return to the quiet side. When we want to play the reindeer games, we hit the other side.

For us, this resort provides the best bang for our travel buck.

Good luck!

Aberdeen, United...
reviews: 93
4. Re: Now Jade-Yes or No?

I absolutely see where you are coming from. We looked to go to this resort last oct but ended up in st Lucia, went with our gutt feeling this year without doing a huge amount of research and booked now jade for this coming July with our daughter nearly 12.

Like you after booking really wondered if I had done the right thing, room size was an attraction, we like nice things so food is important and really keen our daughter had lots to do given she is border age for kids club. Got really concerned with reviews and messages a couple of people who had posted reviews. In the end on the basis of it all we have moved resorts and now going to dreams riviera cancun.

Yes we had to paya little more but then in team resort hotel group dreams I believe is one notch up. The rooms are less spacious but everything else ticks the ox and it is getting great reviews. Go with your gut feeling.......is my motto and remember a couple of weeks is a long time if you have made the long choice and an expensive one at that. Good luck.

Aberdeen, United...
reviews: 93
5. Re: Now Jade-Yes or No?

I absolutely see where you are coming from. We looked to go to this resort last oct but ended up in st Lucia, went with our gutt feeling this year without doing a huge amount of research and booked now jade for this coming July with our daughter nearly 12.

Like you after booking really wondered if I had done the right thing, room size was an attraction, we like nice things so food is important and really keen our daughter had lots to do given she is border age for kids club. Got really concerned with reviews and messages a couple of people who had posted reviews. In the end on the basis of it all we have moved resorts and now going to dreams riviera cancun.

Yes we had to paya little more but then in team resort hotel group dreams I believe is one notch up. The rooms are less spacious but everything else ticks the ox and it is getting great reviews. Go with your gut feeling.......is my motto and remember a couple of weeks is a long time if you have made the long choice and an expensive one at that. Good luck.

Union, Mo near St...
reviews: 19
6. Re: Now Jade-Yes or No?

We have been there two times. Try this link to my review.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g240327-d121…

7. Re: Now Jade-Yes or No?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 09, 2014