We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets fans have you seen

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
dorset
reviews: 5
Secrets fans have you seen

The new Secrets Aura Cozumel! Looks absolutely stunning so yet another Secrets resort goes on my wish list!!!

Salt Lake City USA
reviews: 10
1. Re: Secrets fans have you seen

Looks very nice. I think it's on the current site of the Aura Cozumel Grand.

Edited: 11:31 am, November 30, 2012
dorset
2. Re: Secrets fans have you seen

Oh, is it a take over then, not a new build? Either way looks absolutely beautiful.

dorset
3. Re: Secrets fans have you seen

Oh, is it a take over then, not a new build? Either way looks absolutely beautiful.

Edited: 11:45 am, November 30, 2012
louisiana
reviews: 24
4. Re: Secrets fans have you seen

that looks really nice!! Love the look of the swim out rooms. This is all adult right? I saw a waterslide, how fun !!!

Salt Lake City USA
5. Re: Secrets fans have you seen

My understanding is that a lot of renovation has been going on, and yes, being a Secrets, it's AO.

Edited: 1:15 pm, November 30, 2012
Chester, United...
reviews: 53
6. Re: Secrets fans have you seen

Hi

Yes it does look very nice indeed and yes they have just taken over the management of the property

See link below to the old website

http://www.auracozumelgrand.com/

"Effective December 15th, 2012 Aura Cozumel Grand Resort will be rebranded as “Secrets Aura Cozumel”. All Secrets Resorts and Spas privileges, amenities and services will be available as of December 15th, 2012. The resort will remain operating as Aura Cozumel Grand Resort prior to this date"

"Guests of Secrets Aura Cozumel will enjoy the benefits of Secrets Resorts & Spas’ signature Unlimited-Luxury® vacation concept which offers limitless access to gourmet a la carte dining and premium beverage brands, 24-hour room and concierge services, countless daytime activities, live evening entertainment, and more. The resort also will feature three main swimming pools"

Tomball, Texas
reviews: 25
7. Re: Secrets fans have you seen

It's actually a takeover of a takeover, if I'm not mistaken. I can't remember what the name of it was, before Wyndham took it over though.

The sister resort (Sabor) will turn into a Sunscape resort, and the Aura will be rebranded as a Secrets.

It's exciting news, because if there is one thing Cozumel lacks, it's AO AI resorts. It will be nice to the Secrets stamp being brought to Aura. Its reviews have sort of been all over the place.

Edited: 2:35 pm, November 30, 2012
Salt Lake City USA
8. Re: Secrets fans have you seen

On Google Earth, it's still labeled "Aura Windham". It is 8 miles (13 km) south of the main town of San Miguel, on the west side of Coz.

Stowe, Vermont
reviews: 56
9. Re: Secrets fans have you seen

If I am not mistaken, this is a takeover of takeover of a takeover. This is the hotel (I believe) is the one that had that long, ongoing Legionnaire's Disease outbreak that prompted a US Center for Disease Control Warning. Something was very wrong with the water system, causing people to contract the disease. Windham ran away very fast from the disaster. I hope Secrets has better luck - and that they clean up the water filtration system.

Milford Michigan
reviews: 27
10. Re: Secrets fans have you seen

I just learned of the new Secrets in Cozumel today. How exciting! I didn't realize there was a problem with the water system when the Wyndham owned it, but, the reviews of the Aura just were never stellar enough to convince me that it was worth going to. Yes, hopefully the Secrets chain will be able to get the problem under control. Would love to visit it in the Spring.