We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams Riviera Cancun

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Doncaster England
reviews: 5
Dreams Riviera Cancun

Hi,

I have read a lot of reviews by people who have stayed there August to November complaining about the sea weed and cloudy water. What is it like in April?

Thanks

dorset
1. Re: Dreams Riviera Cancun

Hi Micky, i was there Aug 2010, and did not find the water particularly cloudy or the seaweed situation that bad, but both can change on a daily basis according to the prevailing weather conditions.

This stretch of coastline is well known for the amount of sea weed that can be washed up and i believe a lot of it is to do with the barrier reef. I personally did not have a problem with it whilst others clearly do. Most resorts go to great lengths to clear it every morning, and you will even see men manually raking it and picking it up, i always find that such a sad sight, as it is a tireless and never ending task.

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
reviews: 61
2. Re: Dreams Riviera Cancun

My family was there is April. I thought the sea was a nice blue and the seaweed was not bad at all. Of course, that could change day to day.

Doncaster England
3. Re: Dreams Riviera Cancun

Thanks for the replies.

4. Re: Dreams Riviera Cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, December 16, 2013