We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Cid Puerto Morales

Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Emporia, Kansas
reviews: 5
El Cid Puerto Morales

Our family will be going to this resort on June 22nd. I have read the reviews and they all sound pretty positive but no one has talked about a building called "El Encanto." This is supposed to be on the resort property but since we are bringing a large group, they put us there. We have seen no pictures or this building and are a little nervous about it if it is far from the main resort. Maybe safety issues? Food service there? Etc. Has anyone seen or heard anything about this?

8 replies to this topic
Black Hills of...
reviews: 22
1. Re: El Cid Puerto Morales

I am not sure about El Encanto, but the resort is relatively small and compact with nothing really outside the main resort area. Hope this helps.

Halifax, Canada
reviews: 4
2. Re: El Cid Puerto Morales

El Encanto is owned by E Cid but is a seperate building from the resort, I am told, actually I read it's about a mile away, on the way to Peurto Morelos apparently.

If you do not want to be that far you might want to call El Cid, just a thought.

Wellington, Florida
reviews: 24
3. Re: El Cid Puerto Morales

I "googled" and got this review:

“Great resort, but be careful where you stay”

Reviewed February 10, 2012 3people found this review helpful

We just returned from our awesome vacation. Can't say enough about the El Cid resort itself, clean grounds, friendly waiters and bartenders, great food, and so on.

However, we booked our vacation through a "promotional offer" on the website and were told we had to stay at a "private VIP suite" that was not part of the main resort. We were also told it was 150 feet from the main resort, so that didn't sound too bad. Well, this building was about a mile from the main resort and we ended up walking the distance often because there's NO PHONE to call for a golf cart to pick us up. The rooms were ok but not nearly as nice as the ones at the resort. Just beware of what you're getting if they try to put you in El Encanto.

I'm thinking if we had purchased a timeshare, er, I mean, vacation club membership, that space in the main resort would've suddenly been available for us ...

Great resort though and we would go again if we could stay on site!

Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Emporia, Kansas
4. Re: El Cid Puerto Morales

Now I am really nervous! We have been in contact with the resort a few times and one person said that if we weren't satisfied with El Encanto, we could move to the main resort. So.....I called after seeing the post above and of course, the people at the resort state that they are completely booked and won't be able to move us to the main resort! I am worried about security, getting to and from the main resort, how the all-inclusive will work from this place, etc! We leave in a week!

Buffalo, New York
5. Re: El Cid Puerto Morales

We are supposed to go to Casa El Encanto in Feb 2013 and after reading your comments, I am a bit nervous! How was your stay?

Thanks~

Rockaway, New Jersey
6. Re: El Cid Puerto Morales

Erin D,

I have plans to stay at El Encanto in July. Your post said you were going there in February. Did you go? How was it?

Emporia, Kansas
7. Re: El Cid Puerto Morales

We did end up staying in El Encanto and it turned out to be just perfect for our family! It is farther than they say from the resort but we were always able to get a golf cart and the drivers were awesome! There are 6 rooms in a sort of "Square U shape" around a private pool. It is also directly on the beach. The rooms weren't fancy but they were nice and were a nice size as well. There is a large joint kitchen but we really didn't use it other than to keep our beverages fresh and to come up each morning for the coffee and pastries that the resort staff had there. The "maid" that took care of cleaning our rooms each day was the sweetest thing ever! There is also a caretaker on site that is amazing as well! He even climbed a tree one day to get a coconut for our 7 year old, peeled and cracked it so she could drink and eat some of it. The alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages were VERY well stocked and when we wanted something different, we told the golf cart guys and they brought it to us. We had a different circumstance in that we were there with our family of 13. 3 couples, 3 adult children and a 7 year old. We occupied 5 out of the 6 rooms. The downside probably is that we weren't right on the resort grounds but we went over for every meal, to the big pool, and really just relaxed and enjoyed our privacy at our own little place! I guess I will end by saying that it is all in your perspective and what you want from a vacation. We all felt that we couldn't have had a more wonderful time together!

United States of...
reviews: 2
8. Re: El Cid Puerto Morales

Do you have any pictures of the secondary resort?

Reply to: El Cid Puerto Morales
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted