We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condo rentals

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
halifax. nova scotia
reviews: 3
Condo rentals

My husband and I are planning to rent a condo in Puerto Morelos in January. We were surprised to be asked for the entire rental up front, along with a refundable $500 deposit.

We are a little concerned about whether any of that money would be refunded in the event of an emergency. There is no stipulation in the contract to cover this, like you might have with a hotel.

Is this normal practise?

Also, has anyone rented one or two bedroom condos or villas In Puerto? Any good recommendations. We will need a two bedroom for one week and a one bedroom for the last 4 days of our trip. I have been on the websites and looked at many, but personal reviews are always better.

We are really looking forward to the town and are happy to hear it seems to be recovering well from the hurricane.

Brooklyn, NY
reviews: 3
1. Re: Condo rentals

My wife and I are scheduled to stay at Playa Del Secreto next month and we are first time condo renters. We usually do the all-inclusive thing.

After we had narrowed down our choices we began making inquiries and found out that some wanted a deposit and some did not. The place we'll be staying is the one that didn't require a security deposit and is in the same complex as the one that did.

I'm not so much bothered by leaving a security deposit as I am with not knowing if I'm going to see it again pending an "act of God" or whatever else may come up.

Puerto Morelos
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos
reviews: 11
2. Re: Condo rentals

It is common here, especially in high season to ask for rent in advance and deposit. Normally if you have an emergency then your travel insurance should cover it. If you do cancel then it puts the condo owner without a rental and most people book well ahead at that time of year, It is not like a hotel wher they can just slide someone else in, these are privately owned by real people not corporations. Then that is good about it as well as they can also be very understanding and helpful. There are 2 bedroom and one bedroom condos at Casita Blanca and at Playasol as well as 2 small houses available for rent nearby.