We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ceiba del Mar

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
reviews: 4
Ceiba del Mar

Am close to booking a 4 night trip to Ceiba del Mar with my husband. I am concerned about the food (we like Mexican, ceviche, and guacamole!) Am also concerned about the wait staff at the pool and beach. Is the sea weed that much of a problem and is the water not as blue as other Yucatan locations?

Puerto Morelos...
1. Re: Ceiba del Mar

The water is the same colour everywhere it is just that there is a seaweed bank here about 20 foot from the shore (thank goodness as it helps feed the reef) so when the sun shines on the water it looks darker. If it was all sand it would just appear more blue. I had breakfast this morning at Tuna, looking out on the sea glistening in the morning sun, it was so beautiful and I see it every day. Ceiba serves mexican food of course - you will find a greater variety in the village. I would suggest just get the breakfast pack and then you can try the great prawn tacos as Picado Azul, Tio's chicken soup, general Tao's chicken at hola asia, ceviche and guacamole with a large magarita at Pelicano's, the Paella at Cafe del Puerto and......well i won't spoil it for you.