We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice please

North Wales
reviews: 62
Advice please

Hi,

We would like to visit the Peak Dustrict for a couple of nights. There is a jewellers that I want to visit and they have branches in Chestefield, Buxton, Bakewell and Ashbourne.

In your opinion which is the prettiest town to stay in? Do you have any personal recommendations for hotels with nice rooms and good food?

Thank you in advance for your help - much appreciated.

cambs
reviews: 69
1. Re: Advice please

Chesterfield isnt rally IN the Peak District a biggish town on the outskirts

Any of the other 3 I'm sur you would enjoy - my personal choice would be bakewell - have happy memories of several visits over the years - plenty of cafes\pubs\restaurants - never actually stayed ther so cannot recommend accom im afraid

Essex
reviews: 71
2. Re: Advice please

Buxton is a lovely Spa town with elegant buildings and crescents. Also there are some Show Caves at Buxton. I'd stay there:

http://www.visitbuxton.co.uk/

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
reviews: 3
3. Re: Advice please

The B&B's in Bakewell get better reviews than the hotels I'm afraid, so if iyou are after a hotel in one of those towns, Buxton would probably be the better choice.

P-t-B

England, United...
reviews: 21
4. Re: Advice please

There is a nice little theatre in Buxton (or at least there was when I last visited a couple of years ago).

North Wales
reviews: 62
5. Re: Advice please

Thank you all. As stated Chesterfield isn't really in the Peak Dustrict but we have booked one night in the Peak Edge hotel and one night at the Casa. Both have really good reviews and we will be able to visit Ashbourne and Bakewell from there and see the area.

We remembered that we did visit Buxton a few years ago and it was a lovely town so will miss that on this visit.

Thanks again.

6. Re: Advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:24 pm, October 08, 2012
7. Re: Advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, May 24, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Peak District