We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If you had 24 hours in Radda...

Which Radda in Chianti hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
reviews: 12
If you had 24 hours in Radda...

What would you do? Does it worth spending a night in Radda? Or is it better to stay at Greve in Chianti? Or, should we just spend some hours in each and head out to Siena?

6 replies to this topic
Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
reviews: 49
1. Re: If you had 24 hours in Radda...

I would spend a couple of hours in each and then head on to Siena, they are both small towns. One night only is not worth all the packing and unpacking, checking in and out etc.

Montepulciano, Italy
reviews: 1
2. Re: If you had 24 hours in Radda...

Peggy makes an excellent point about the packing & unpacking. That said, if you found a lovely hotel in the countryside outside either Greve or Radda you could use it as a base from which to tour the Chianti going wine tasting locally and visiting all the beautiful little villages in the area before making your way home for a dip in a gorgeous pool and dinner.

Florence Italy
reviews: 2
3. Re: If you had 24 hours in Radda...

The unpacking/unpacking point made by Peggy (and seconded by La Straniera) is spot-on.

If you stayed in Greve, you could sleep at Villa Bordoni, a place near and dear to our hearts (www.villabordoni.com).

If you stayed in Radda, you could stay at Relais Fattoria Vignale (www.vignale.it; see comments re: Villa Bordoni; Ibid.). You could also visit that charming hamlet called Volpaia.

You don't write how much time you have, and that makes a big difference, nor do you mention when you visit. If you're coming sooner rather than later, Chianti's rather quiet right now (though still stunningly beautiful, as we re-discovered just last week), and Siena might be your ticket.

If you're coming when it's warm well, then, La Straniera's dipping into the pool idea couldn't be better.

Edited: 10:51 am, January 08, 2012
NJ
reviews: 12
4. Re: If you had 24 hours in Radda...

Thank you all! We are coming in March 9th and staying in the region for 8 days. We havea rather ambisious itenray which i am not sure how much of it we'd be able to cover! I appreciate your input very much.

Our goal is to walk/hike and winetasting. If we stayed in Radda, is it easy to explore the areas such as:

Siena, Montalcino, San Quirico D’Oricia, Bagno Vignoni, Pienza and Montepulciano?

I appreciate your input very much!

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
5. Re: If you had 24 hours in Radda...

It is a good base for visiting Siena, the other places are further south, but it could be done if you had a rental car.

bournemouth
6. Re: If you had 24 hours in Radda...

If you want to go to the places mentioned I would stay in Pienza...it is a beautiful little village with amazing views. Chianti is much, much further away. Bag. v., moltalchino, Pienza etc are in the most stunning part of tuscany in my opinion.

Reply to: If you had 24 hours in Radda...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Radda in Chianti