We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from 4 fab days in Mellieha Bay!!

Which Mellieha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Slough,Berks
reviews: 34
Just back from 4 fab days in Mellieha Bay!!

Arrived back in UK last Thurs eve after a wonderful few days spent in this lovely area of Malta.

My mum and 2 kids were staying at the Luna Complex for 2 weeks,so went over to join them for a while.Couldn't get booked in there,so stayed at the RIU Seabank instead which I found very nice.Just a shame it's going AI next year,which I'm not a fan of.Like to visit local tavernas for dinner and have abit of freedom,so as much as I loved the hotel,won't be returning.(Have done a review on hotel on TA).

I found Mellieha a great place to have a holiday.The beach is nice and was just across the road from the hotel.Enough bars/restaurants to visit in the hotel itself,just done the road on the way to the Luna and even more in the village up the hill.We visited the village on my last night and got a cab up for 10 euros and walked back down.Took about 20 mins or so.After a lovely meal we sat in the kiddies park next to the church and my 5 yr old played with the maltese kids and had a whale of a time.Can't recall name of restaurant in village,but also had meal at pizzaeria in my hotel,one at Blue Water and the other at Zefferino's.All big portions and reasonbly priced.Drink prices good aswell,apart from my hotel drinks.Quite expensive IMHO.Spent a few nights for post dinner drinks at the lovely beach bar opp to my hotel.Lovely chilled out place with great staff and relaxing music.Had some lunches there also.

Eldest son and I got bus to Valletta one day and think we were really lucky with them seeing all the probs going on at the moment.Got bus from stop opp my hotel and bus turned up after 10 mins,got seats there and back,but was abit of a scramble Valletta end when everyman for himself trying to get on bus and extremely packed both ways.Such good value though for 5.20 euros return for 2 people.Trip took 2 hrs getting there and just 1 hr back.We went to the Malta Experience which was so interesting,had lunch at Eddie's Cafe Regina in Republic Square,mooched around and did some shopping.Really loved Valletta.

Overall I had a superb 1st time visit to Malta but just to short and will definately go back as so much more to do and see.The weather was hot and people so friendly and welcoming.I would like to have a week in Mellieha and a week somewhere else,maybe Sliema or St.Julian's.Fantastic country and people.Thanks alot Malta!!!!!!

Oswestry England
Destination Expert
for Malta
reviews: 15
1. Re: Just back from 4 fab days in Mellieha Bay!!

Glad you enjoyed your stay in Malta .

Hope you come back again soon.

If you do we will always be ready to answer any questions you have.

Graham

Slough,Berks
reviews: 34
2. Re: Just back from 4 fab days in Mellieha Bay!!

Thank you Graham,

If I had my way I'd fly out again tomorrow ha ha!!!but kids back to school and all that etc.,My family and I are Corfu lovers and have been going there for many years.It's a wonderful island,but now I seriously think I've found another country to love.

My mum has visited Malta many times and also my dad when he was alive.He absolutely adored Malta,the people and especially Mellieha,so was nice for me to walk in his footsteps.

Trying to think how I can work Malta into our hol plans for next year as have already booked Corfu for Aug,but if not next year defo the next.Malta hasn't seen the last of me lol!!!

Mellieha, Malta
reviews: 17
3. Re: Just back from 4 fab days in Mellieha Bay!!

We got back Sunday morning after spending a week in Mellieha. We were in private accomodation opposite the church on the hill watched them putting all the lights up ready for this weeks fiesta. (Ticked off brcause should have gone for 2 weeks lol)

This was our second holiday there in 8 weeks.

Also missing our good friends in Charlies bar..............

Alrerady looking for decent flights for Feb and a deffo for this time next year same place .

Just miss being in Mellieha every day

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
reviews: 13
4. Re: Just back from 4 fab days in Mellieha Bay!!

I think we should put these bus trips of 2 hours for such relatively short routes in the Guiness Book of Records. Apparently there are some new routes out on the 11th.

Anyway let us know if you'll be returning to Malta.

Comino, Malta
reviews: 1
5. Re: Just back from 4 fab days in Mellieha Bay!!

It's lovely to read such nice positive reports from Belle & Jesse, I think you have both caught the Malta bug in a nice way I mean, not "Malta dog" the ilness that the tommies suffered from that would be awfull, nope nice Malta gets in your soul, heart, and mind in almost every way possible and you never get rid of it, love is a very strong emotion and as time goes by you will find yourself being drawn back time and time again, my advice would be to forget corfu for good and have your happy holidays in Malta and Gozo from now on it's without doubt the best place on earth.

Edited: 4:25 am, September 07, 2011
Mellieha, Malta
reviews: 17
6. Re: Just back from 4 fab days in Mellieha Bay!!

I have been to Malta quite a lot in the last 10 years.

My heart is there constantly and today I am missing the fireworks in Mellieha...

Thinking of coming to stay for an extremely long time as we now have so many ex pats as friends

Comino, Malta
7. Re: Just back from 4 fab days in Mellieha Bay!!

Hi Belle, if you think ex-pats are good friends then wait until you have real Maltese friends, the Maltese people are the best, most kindest, humerous, gregarious, endearing, charming, welcoming, and interesting people to spend time with on earth I love Maltese people dearly above all the peoples in the world, give me Malta, and the Maltese / Gozitans any day of the week above anyone and any where, there is of course a subtle difference between Maltese and Gozitan but in a very nice way of course. Viva Malta u Ghawdex u San Nikola.

Comino, Malta
8. Re: Just back from 4 fab days in Mellieha Bay!!

Btw thought you might like to see this http://www.imperialbandclub.com/ if you click on the live feed then you can watch the feast from home, the band club in Mellieha do this every year and it is worth watching, today in Malta is Il-Vitorja public holiday and it is very busy (and hot), hope you enjoy and don't feel to sad watching it.

London
reviews: 6
9. Re: Just back from 4 fab days in Mellieha Bay!!

Hi Siggie

Wasn't that bug Brucellosis from goats milk? My late grandfather, whose ship HMS Fury docked at Malta several times during naval action in1918, was told not to drink the milk & he noted in his war diary that the goats were milked in the streets and the milk sold, the locals were immune.

I saw my first Maltese goats last visit whilst walking cross country from Dingli Cliffs to Rabat via Misrah Suffara.

I agree with the comments, Malta (& Gozo) does get in your blood, but if it's a disease.........I don't want to be cured!

Cheers

Ntd

Comino, Malta
10. Re: Just back from 4 fab days in Mellieha Bay!!

Hi NTD, yes your right but didn't Brucellosis used to host the Generation Game ? or was that the bloke who married Demi Moore ?, good game good game, what's the scores on the doors !!.

Get answers to your questions about Mellieha