We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time share con?

Which Mellieha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 61
Time share con?

Has anyone heard of the special offers to stay at the Radisson Golden Sands Hotel, I've been offered a "promotion" apparently from the hotel itelf to stay room only at a very cheap rate. I've contacted the hotel separately to verify but they haven't replied. Reading others posts I'm wondering if this is so that once you are there they try to get you into timeshare and/ or rely on making money from the hotel facilities which sound pretty expensive.

Hope I don't either sound very naive or sceptical!!!

Thanks.

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
reviews: 41
1. Re: Time share con?

I would guess it depends where the "promotion" came from.

It doesn't sound like it came from the hotel as you said there has been no reply.

Did you "win" this offer with a scratch card or lotto type ticket or just get given a voucher?

Be sceptical and check out the small print.

Edinburgh, United...
2. Re: Time share con?

It may or may not be a con,but that hotel is certainly a Timeshare facility.

Mansfield, United...
reviews: 14
3. Re: Time share con?

dont fall for it

the phrases that spring to mind is,

nothing in this life is for free and if it sounds too good to be true it probably is.so be warned

mind you it would be funny if when checking in you told everyone and their mums that you were skint.....

swieqi
reviews: 1
4. Re: Time share con?

Yes promotion holiday (timeshare)or as they call it fractional ownership same thing as they say you have to play or pay.The promotion is a timeshare presentation of minimun of 3 hours and it is a pressised sell. If you refuse to attend the timeshare talk you have to pay the full price of the holiday.They normally put you in a country side room but if you buy they will be willing to change your room in a sea view. Just beware as your holiday can me made into a buisness invesment and the lot. Unfortunatly done it before .

reviews: 61
5. Re: Time share con?

Thanks everybody for your responses!

Buckinghamshire
reviews: 1
6. Re: Time share con?

I too have been offered one weeks tay for £149.00 and I did send an email to the Hotel and got a response from the Timeshare Team to confirm what I have been offered is true and that all we have to do is sit through the presentation. We have been on timeshare presentations before but if you haven't got it you can't sign up for anything. I am a bit afraid now as I have paid and am more concerned that I did this over the phone and no extra money comes out of my account.I have read on seperate reviews that other than the presentation the holiday itself is fine. Did you or anyone else book?

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
7. Re: Time share con?

Oh well Fenny you are into it now so it would be helpful if you come back afterwards and tell us how it went.

Liverpool, United...
8. Re: Time share con?

yer I just say no to them you see the people waiting outside of the topaz and around the st pauls bay area they say they are not timeshare but i dont trust them, they offered us the same deal in the golden sands I thought it sounded dodgy

Sliema
reviews: 20
9. Re: Time share con?

As the Americans would say "I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole" Nothing is free and if by chance it is I am sure it is costly. LOL

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
10. Re: Time share con?

Worst part is most of the touts are English. It doe make me ashamed at their tactics.

Ashamed and on St Georges Day too :(

Get answers to your questions about Mellieha