We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Turbo Club apartments on wed 1st Nov, any info pls?

Which Maspalomas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jersey
reviews: 1
Going to Turbo Club apartments on wed 1st Nov, any info pls?

Hey, just wandering if anyone has been here and what they thought, and think i should be aware of etc? is there lots of mozzies and bugs at night etc. i read a review about peoples things getting stolen, is this a problem? also it says internet access in your room???any info. much appreciated thanks

Louise.

Here, there and...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
reviews: 26
1. Re: Going to Turbo Club apartments on wed 1st Nov, any info pls?

Hi Louise

haven't stayed at these but I can comment on your other questions.

Mozzies - hardly any - they love to feast on me but only been bitten twice in 12 years of going to the canaries.

Bugs - you might encounter cockroaches - they are native to the island but like dark places so keep your lights on in your apartment when you go out on a night and it will discourage them from sneaking in. Also leave your plugs in the plug holes. Not that many about in wintertime though - they are more prevalent in the summer.

Thefts - take the same precautions as you would at home - LOCK everything up - DON'T bring your expensive jewellery with you (unless you have extra insurance at home), DO get a safe (and check the receipt to see how much it covers you for), USE travellers cheques and don't bring loads of cash. Compared to crime in the UK its minimal but you tend to hear about it more as people come back and post what has happened to them whereas in the UK people are getting robbed all the time but don't post it on a holiday forum therefore it makes it seem worse than it is.

Have a great time

Jersey
reviews: 1
2. Re: Going to Turbo Club apartments on wed 1st Nov, any info pls?

hiya thanks alot, i would of thought leaving lights on would attract other bugs thought for example moths etc? is this not the case, as i defo do not want cockroaches in my apartment!!

thanks again

Louise xx

3. Re: Going to Turbo Club apartments on wed 1st Nov, any info pls?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, August 24, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Maspalomas