We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to pack for Riu Club Melonares

Which Maspalomas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
caerphilly
reviews: 16
What to pack for Riu Club Melonares

Hi

Due to travel to Riu Club Melonares on 26th Oct, want to pack as little as possible (more room for shoes ;) can anyone tell me if there is an iron in the room and what toiletries are provided.

Also will i need a jacket for the evening.

Thanks

Marie

5 replies to this topic
Hampshire, UK
reviews: 44
1. Re: What to pack for Riu Club Melonares

Hi Marie

I am guessing you are travelling to Riu Clubhotel Gran Canaria, which is situated in Meloneras.

riu.com/en/…index.jsp

Assuming I have got the right hotel, according to the website the rooms have

639 guestrooms

All the guest rooms have

Hairdryer

Telephone

Central air conditioning

Ceiling fan

Mini-fridge

Satellite TV (flat screen)

Electronic in-room safe

Balcony

Unfortunately very few hotels provide irons/ironing boards these days in the rooms themselves.

If you wanted to ask the hotel if they are able to provide an iron/board, you could email them direct at

clubhotel.grancanaria@riu.com

Toiletries will probably consist of soap on the sinks and a generic shower gel/shampoo all in one in the shower - again, if nobody on TA is able to give you specifics you could ask that question in your email too.

I'd take a jacket just in case (sorry, that's one less pair of shoes) - we always travelled to Meloneras in June and I needed a cardi late evening so a jacket and lightweight scarf/pashmina might be useful, especially in October.

I hope you have a good time, Meloneras is a lovely area.

caerphilly
2. Re: What to pack for Riu Club Melonares

Hi Vegas Showgirl,

Thanks for your detailed reply. Always try to pack light but have never managed it yet. Glad you recommend the area can't wait now.

Regards

Marie

reviews: 1
3. Re: What to pack for Riu Club Melonares

Hi Marie great choice of hotel :)

Im here at the hotel now and there isnt an iron in the room I've not needed one but im sure if you asked one would be provided. The toiletries are pretty basic but i brought my own shampoo and conditioner (bought wee travel bottles from poundworld and just transferred it into them, so handy and haven't run out yet using it every day too)

Id say ud need a wee cardi or light jacket when you come on Oct.

Any other questions just ask :)

caerphilly
4. Re: What to pack for Riu Club Melonares

Hi Tmck,

Thanks for your reply, glad the hotel lives up to your requirements. Will pack a travel iron in with cardi and toiletries. Enjoy the rest of your holiday!

Marie

surrey
reviews: 21
5. Re: What to pack for Riu Club Melonares

Hi tmck03

Hope you don't mind me butting in here.

it is a long while since we were at the Riu Meloneres and, after hearing all the glowing reports after the refurb, we have booked to go again next year.

Just wondering if you could give a few more details about the infinity pool - which is new since we were there last time. Is it really as bad as people are saying? Can't get a bed at 8.30? Is the area quite small - roughly how many beds are there?

Was a bit disappointed to hear that the themed restaurants aren't a la carte. What;s the booking system for them?

Glad you are having a good time and look forward to your review when you come home.

Thanks for coming on 'live' and letting us know how you are getting on. Enjoy the rest of your stay ;o)

Reply to: What to pack for Riu Club Melonares
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Maspalomas