We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best place to stay

Which Maspalomas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 1
best place to stay

im looking into hotels to stay in maspalomas, and im trying to figure out wheres the most central place to stay,(close to beach and shops/resturants), campo international keeps coming up is that central? or is everywhere central? so confused!!

south yorks
reviews: 14
1. Re: best place to stay

Most of the accommodation in the area you mention is made up of self-catering bungalow or apartment complexes, and they are all quite a way from the beach, about 30 or 45 minutes walk, but most complexes offer a bus to the beach. We were there a year ago and found it difficult to find places to eat as the restaurants we had visited in previous years in the Faro 2 centre have closed down, which means you have to get taxis into Playa del Ingles or Maspalomas at night, or need a hire car. We now prefer to get a hotel on the edge of Maspalomas/Playa del Ingles so you can walk to the bars and restaurants at night. Hope this helps.

south yorks
reviews: 14
2. Re: best place to stay

Just a recommendation if you want to be right by the beach and self-catering.

Google " Oasis Maspalomas" apartments. They are right on the walkway to the Dunes beach.

Edited: 2:51 pm, May 19, 2012
Birmingham, United...
reviews: 2
3. Re: best place to stay

Hi

Can anyone recommend any nice places to stay near the restaurants and bars in maspalomas? I can't work out where the center is?

Thanks

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
reviews: 41
4. Re: best place to stay

Dublin Girl is asking about hotels not apartments!

You will find there are a number of good four and five star hotels almost on the beach in Maspalomas and Meloneras.Staying in any of them won't involve a long walk to the main restaurant area which is just as Meloneras begins by the Faro. I can't remember the name of the only one that isn't (Gran Canaria Princess?) which is in in Maspalomas Campo..

I have walked from the Yumbo Centre through Maspalomas Campo and the whole walk only took a little less than an hour. I would have thought Maspalomas Campo was a maximum of 30 minutes from Maspalomas and probably ten minutes less. Taxis are cheap but the walk along the side of the Barranco is pleasant.

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 2
5. Re: best place to stay

Thanks, any idea if maspalomas oasis club is central?

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
reviews: 41
6. Re: best place to stay

It isn't central. I'd say 20 minutes walk to Maspalomas and the beach and the restaurants of Meloneras. Unlikely to have many taxis there so most times it would be a walk in, taxi back but they won't like it and will probably have a minimum fare.

30 -40minutes to PDI.

The sort of complex for families where the kids would be safe and maybe older people who don't want to do much.

7. Re: best place to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, December 16, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Maspalomas