We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first trip to tossa

Which Tossa de Mar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
stockport
reviews: 22
first trip to tossa

Hi

We are thinking of visiting for the first time, we normally go to nerja but want a change. We will be flying to GIRONA is this the nearest airport and is it best to get the train or bus to Tossa. We normally stay in an apt but would consider a hotel, has anybody any suggestions please. We are travelling 23rd October for 5 nights would bars restaurants still be open ?

I would really appreciate any advice

kind regards

lorraine

7 replies to this topic
Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
reviews: 209
1. Re: first trip to tossa

Girona is the best airport and there is a bus service to Lloret with easy connections to Tossa.

Have a look at hotel reviews in the top toolbar,you will be spoiled for choice.

Tossa starts to close down mid October with some hotels closing at the end of the month,restaurants too but many will still be open.

I think there will be some very good end of season deals at hotels like Golden Bahia.

SS

Maidstone, United...
reviews: 13
2. Re: first trip to tossa

Cant advise on Girona as we flew from Barcelona but would highly recommend Hotel Delfin. Amazing hotel at really good price. Enjoy. Tossa De Mar is an amazing place.

Maidstone, United...
reviews: 13
3. Re: first trip to tossa

Hotel Diana is same group as Hotel Delfin and looks available for B&B for 350 euros which isn't bad on your dates. Out of interest, what's Nerja like? Is it quite a modern place or is it old town like Tossa De Mar? The charm of Tossa De Mar is that it's very Spanish and hardly any English are there. Is Nerja a bit like that?

stockport
4. Re: first trip to tossa

Thank you I will have a look.

stockport
5. Re: first trip to tossa

We love Nerja lots of restaurants, cafes etc. It has a real charm about it and seems very much like Tossa. Have a look on the forum and see what you think.

lorraine

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
reviews: 209
6. Re: first trip to tossa

Nerja is likely to be warmer in late October

Edinburgh, United...
7. Re: first trip to tossa

I have been to nerja a few times and went to Tossa for the first time this year and loved it.

It is just like Nerja.

Reply to: first trip to tossa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tossa de Mar