We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girona / Barcelona Airport

Which Tossa de Mar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Barry, Wales...
Girona / Barcelona Airport

Hi All,

My partner and I came to Tossa de Mar in 2008. I recall flying into Girona Airport however when I have come to book this year the flights are saying we're landing at Barcelona?!

Now this may be a silly question but is Girona Barcelona Airport and Barcelona Airport two separate airports?

Thanks in advance.

3 replies to this topic
South Australia
reviews: 12
1. Re: Girona / Barcelona Airport

Barcelona has one airport "El Prat", Ryanair also refer to Girona and Reus airports as Barcelona airports which they are not.

Buses Barcelona El Prat airport to Tossa de Mar www.sarfa.com

Edited: 3:34 am, October 05, 2013
Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
reviews: 246
2. Re: Girona / Barcelona Airport

Ryanair fly into Barcelona ElPrat and Girona (Barcelona).

Girona is 40 mins from Tossa,El Prat is South of Barcelona and a good 90 mins from Tossa.

Ryanair have frequent daily flights from many airports in the UK to Girona in season (April to October) but they fly year round into El Prat

hope this helps

SS

United Kingdom
reviews: 35
3. Re: Girona / Barcelona Airport

Reus airport is in costa dorada the other side of Barcelona to tossa,the best airport for tossa is girona,at 40 min max away,Barcelona el prat is about

1 1/2 hrs away max,reus about

2 1/2 to 3 hrs away,so girona is your best bet if you are flying into Barcelona el prat and have not got a transfer then the bus is the best cheapest option,as taxis would cost you quite a bit,

Reply to: Girona / Barcelona Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tossa de Mar