We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Still not sorted definitive anaswer anyone trains costa brav

Which Tossa de Mar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
GEORDIELAND
reviews: 79
Still not sorted definitive anaswer anyone trains costa brav

OK was going to give tossa a go,but apparently no rains there, I was hoping to use te trains to g up and down vsting different resorts, so what would be the best base on the costa brave, somewhere nice i.e no drunken radgees or union jack sort brigade and somewhere hany to transfer to from girona, I have tried various websites to get a simple coastal train map info but no joy, and also a simple map of the costa brava so I cansee resort location, been to lloret in younger days but wondering about santa sussana ,malgrat, callela , help

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia
reviews: 2,431
1. Re: Still not sorted definitive anaswer anyone trains costa brav

Here is the website for the Cercanias train from Barcelona:

renfe.com/viajeros/…index.html

You can see where all the stations are.

cornwall uk
reviews: 69
2. Re: Still not sorted definitive anaswer anyone trains costa brav

If your main criteria is to visit other resorts by train, you will be better staying in Malgrat, plenty of hotels, and old town, good beach, plenty of bars and resturants, shops etc. and a train station 10 mins walk away. Train fares are for zones, so for zone 1 its a couple of euro. 8€ to Barcalona.

3. Re: Still not sorted definitive anaswer anyone trains costa brav

Hi,

The trains are going from Barcelona over the Coast line to Blanes (next to Lloret). From there on the train goes through the interior to Girona, Figueras and France.

From Tossa or Lloret you get by bus to the train station in Blanes.

Mario

GEORDIELAND
4. Re: Still not sorted definitive anaswer anyone trains costa brav

sounds good, excuse my initial questin my "$%ing keyboardi working it self

was going to tossa we ave a ryanair flight from the toon to girona so could transfer to malgrat rather than tossa

GEORDIELAND
5. Re: Still not sorted definitive anaswer anyone trains costa brav

thanks for that great info

Newcastle upon...
reviews: 42
6. Re: Still not sorted definitive anaswer anyone trains costa brav

i would recomend callela if you want to walk around sightseeing, but would realy recommend ( tossa de mar ) for peacfull time, as long as you hire a car to go sight seeing, but make sure you get full cover for the car as i puncture can be expenssive

Edited: 9:52 pm, January 24, 2013
Palafrugell, Spain
reviews: 2
7. Re: Still not sorted definitive anaswer anyone trains costa brav

There are no trains for the the real Costa Brava coast north of Blanes (further south is really the Maresme). There are buses. If you look at www.sarfa.es you can find timetables for coaches connecting the towns. The timetables can look a little strange because of the long lunch hour gap.

8. Re: Still not sorted definitive anaswer anyone trains costa brav

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 27, 2014