We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tossa de mar by coach

Which Tossa de Mar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kent, United Kingdom
reviews: 25
tossa de mar by coach

hi ,we have been to tossa de mar before but now i cannot fly due to an illness, we wondered if anyone out there has been by coach, package holiday, if so any surgestions ,we went to the oassis tossa hotel in 2005 and met some people who had a package holiday by coach so i know it can be done any help would be great, and the weather ,what is it like in tossa de mar in june ,we went in sep/oct in 2005 and it rained for 2 weeks .thanks for all help.,

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
reviews: 245
1. Re: tossa de mar by coach

There are a few UK companies still doing trips to Tossa by coach.

Have a look at this one.

ferriscoachholidays.co.uk/Spain/Tossa_de_Mar…

As far as weather is concerned,you were very unlucky as we spent a couple of days in Tossa last week (mid October) and were on the beach both days.

June should be fine and you would be unlikely to have more than a couple of bad days.

tripadvisor.com/…28363735

southern england
Destination Expert
for Lloret de Mar, Calella
reviews: 21
2. Re: tossa de mar by coach

another couple of firms to look at are

http://www.gospain.biz/

who are a local firm based in east sussex

http://www.siestaholidays.co.uk/

who have the best coaches.

MERSEYSIDE
reviews: 60
3. Re: tossa de mar by coach

my dad has been with ferris a few times and he likes them

Kent, United Kingdom
4. Re: tossa de mar by coach

thanks to everyone for the advice ,hope you do not mind me asking more in the future from maureen

Lake Vinuela...
reviews: 22
5. Re: tossa de mar by coach

We stayed at the Oasis last month.

There were guests there who had travelled with Shearings Coaches.

Edited: 3:19 pm, October 16, 2010
southern england
Destination Expert
6. Re: tossa de mar by coach

if you do go by ferris, make sure you book the platinum coach, it costs £15 extra return, and it is much more comfortable than the standard coach.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
reviews: 245
7. Re: tossa de mar by coach

Please ask away-everyone here is always happy to help with enquiries however big or small.

Hope you get to Tossa next year-it is still unspoilt.

Kent, United Kingdom
8. Re: tossa de mar by coach

thanks silverswimmer,we have booked to go next august 30th for 17 days ,with sheerings, we are new at coach travelling ,anyone know how many breaks you get on the way i think we travel all night to get to tossa de mar, can you buy anthing to drink on the coach or do you have to pack food , lots of info about what happens when coach travelling would be great ,from maureen

MERSEYSIDE
reviews: 60
9. Re: tossa de mar by coach

my mum and dad did it a good few times and i have done it a couple of times (years ago.)

the best appraoch is to see the journey as part of the holiday. from our area it is usual to pick up early in the morning and aim for a mid afternoon crossing, then i think they stop for a meal break in the evening, there may be one further toilet stop and then they don't generally stop until breakfast by which time the coach is around the FR /SP border, arriving in resort late morning early afternoon depending on resort.

They were always well prepared (with a few drinks!!) and enjoyed the journey. When I went with my husband the rule was no alcohol and we followed this rule but I think we were the only ones!

Geneally I think you can buy stuff on board but I think i would take some snacks and eat on the ferry / at the meal stop but that's just personal choice

southern england
Destination Expert
10. Re: tossa de mar by coach

you will get a lot of tips on coach travel here

www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php…

its an old thread, but the advice is good.

also look at posts about siesta and ferris -there are not many on shearings-and you will get more ideas.

i would have thought that shearings would provide most of the info you need in their brochure.