We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

apartment

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Kongsberg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rome
apartment

Hi everybody.

I'm trying to get some info about the cost of a rent in Kongsberg (for an everage flat of 60 sqm).

Can someone help me?

Oslo
reviews: 61
1. Re: apartment

Montly rent (1 bedroom): maybe around 8000 NOK (1000 euro).

Regards

Rome
2. Re: apartment

Thanks a lot, OsloViking

Just a quick question, maybe you can help me.

What about the tax rate in Norway over a gross salary of around 70000 euro per year, for an umerried person?

Regards

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
reviews: 41
3. Re: apartment

Try this site to get an estimate:

http://www.norway.no/temaside/tema.asp?id=11

Rome
4. Re: apartment

Hi Greek-traveller,

That side redirects me over the Norvegian Tax administration, a site that I've already visited. Unluckly I was unable to interpret the information provided by it (expecially the codes connected with deductions), that's why I've asked my question directly to a Norvegian citizen.

By the way, thanks for your post.

Regards

Oslo
5. Re: apartment

Basic tax rate: 28 %

plus Social insurance: 8 %

(this is the marginal tax rate for "middle" salaries)

For all income over 400,000 NOK you must pay an extra tax at around 5% (don't remember exact)

You are entitled to a 40,000 deducation (exempt from taxation),in addition commuting expenses can be deducted.

Rome
6. Re: apartment

Tanks a lot Viking,

your information is very precious indeed.

Dod't you have extra deduction from salary for pension ensurance?

Regards,

Massimiliano

Oslo
7. Re: apartment

The social insurance is compulsory for Norwegians, it's run by the Government and is in effect just another tax. SOcial insurance covers everything: medical treatment, sick leave, unemployment benefits and old age pension. If you in addition buy a private insurance (through your employer or your union), I think you get a tax deduction or a tax delay.

For foreigners the rules are perhaps a bit different, depends on the bilateral tax agreement with Italy and the length/purpose of your stay.

Rome
8. Re: apartment

Everything is clear, thahnks a lot.

If I can get the most of your experience...

According with the Norvegian cost of living, how do you consider a gross salary of around 70000 euro per year: low, middle or high level (according to the average salary).

I'm very interested in your point of view.

Thanks a lot again

Oslo
9. Re: apartment

70,000 euro at an exchange rate of 8 is around 560,000 NOK is very good compared to the average, but of course depends on your profession. For a physician (doctor) or manager of larger company 560,000 is modest.

Rome
10. Re: apartment

I'm an engineer 8 year experienced, ant this is what an norvegian company (enough small) is offering me. But I guess they are ready to pay more.

Get answers to your questions about Kongsberg