We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bormes Les Mimosas or Mas De Peint in the Camargue?

Which Bormes-Les-Mimosas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vermont
reviews: 5
Bormes Les Mimosas or Mas De Peint in the Camargue?

We are visiting Provence for 6 days. We do NOT like extremely touristy areas, but do have a passion for art and nature. We will be staying for three days in St Remy. QUESTION: For the following three should we stay at Mas De Peint in the Camargue or go to Bormes-Les-Mimosas? We have heard such great things about Mas De Peint BUT we can see more of the coast, Isle Porquerolles from Bormes.

West Palm Beach...
reviews: 20
11. Re: Bormes Les Mimosas or Mas De Peint in the Camargue?

corsw - I will be in Aix for the month of June and hope to spend a weekend down around Cavaliere, Bormes, or somewhere in that area. So it's not too crowded in June (probably around 9June - 11June)? Where exactly is Le Petite Fontain and how pricey is it? Thanks for the excellent information!

Northern California
reviews: 7
12. Re: Bormes Les Mimosas or Mas De Peint in the Camargue?

The hotel where we stayed, and liked, in Bormes was Le Mirage. Lovely pool, pretty rooms (some on the smallish side; ask for one on the top floor, as they have terraces).

London
13. Re: Bormes Les Mimosas or Mas De Peint in the Camargue?

The area of the Var around Bormes, St Clair near Lavandou, Isle Porquerolles is very beautiful, and well presserved. THere is an Art Gallery in Bormes and there are many craft shops. Saint Clair was /is a source of inspiration for many artists, some Neo-impressionists actually settled there ( SIgnac, Henri-Edmund Cross, and Theo van Rysselberghe ) . This part of Cote D'azur from Bormes to Saint Tropez is wonderful.

Cape Elizabeth...
Destination Expert
for Portland, Antigua
reviews: 146
14. Re: Bormes Les Mimosas or Mas De Peint in the Camargue?

If you like the coast, I think you might prefer Bormes. There are 17 kilometers of littoral walks there, providing beautiful vistas and lovely beaches---some, even, without other people. The flowers, the vineyards that nearly touch the sea---it's all very beautiful.

The village itself is very well preserved (as a previous poster said) and nicely walkable (lots of uphill though!). There is some fabulous dining and some very nice places to stay (particulary some of the guesthouses).

Guildford, England
reviews: 13
15. Re: Bormes Les Mimosas or Mas De Peint in the Camargue?

Hi Guys

The original poster said he was going in April. So, just maybe, these posts are too late. Best to check dates first.

West Palm Beach...
16. Re: Bormes Les Mimosas or Mas De Peint in the Camargue?

That's okay Guys - I'm still enjoying the post and I don't leave for two more weeks yet! Thanks for all the great info.

Northern California
reviews: 7
17. Re: Bormes Les Mimosas or Mas De Peint in the Camargue?

Just a thought...if you don't like "extremely touristy areas" you're going to miss some of the best sights in Provence.

Ohio, USA
reviews: 4
18. Re: Bormes Les Mimosas or Mas De Peint in the Camargue?

keylimejet -

Google LA Petite FONTAINE and CollobriÈRES and you should find it. I *think* it's in Place de la République, but Collobrières isn't that big so you should be able to get directions pretty easily. I think I'd probably want to reserve a table for dinner. Lunch might be OK without a reservation though.

West Palm Beach...
19. Re: Bormes Les Mimosas or Mas De Peint in the Camargue?

Thanks, Irish! You always come through. 12 days and counting for our trip. It still doesn't seem real. Hope all is well. Jet

Salt Lake City...
20. Re: Bormes Les Mimosas or Mas De Peint in the Camargue?

I used to visit a friend in Hyeres back in the 70's when I was going to school in Paris. He played professional basketball and I took a French class in Aix-en-Provence. I got to know the Christiansen family at the port and we spent time on the island of Porquerolles and Bormes-les-Mimosas. We used to drink alot of Pastis and Pressions, (tap beer), and the Cristiansen's were from Denmark so we drank Aquavit. Kai teaches sailing at the port and Ginny sells clothing in the Vielle Ville, (Ginny Soldes). If you see them, say David O'Malley says bonjour. davbreoma@yahoo.com, da_vb_reoma@hotmail.com