We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting around Bormes and environs

Which Bormes-Les-Mimosas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 10
Getting around Bormes and environs

HI! I am wondering how to get around Bormes and the environs....are there buses? trains? Good transport? Or, do I need to rent a car? I am thinking of staying in Bormes..perhaps in the Old Village, and perhaps in Pin des Bormes. Are there severe hills to climb if I want to walk around? I would like to be able to get around easily, go to the beach, visit neighbouring towns, etc, but would prefer public transport so I do not have to deal with parking. Any ideas would be welcome!

Guildford, England
reviews: 11
1. Re: Getting around Bormes and environs

Hi

There are no trains around Bormes the nearest station is Toulon. The bus service is very limited so if you want to get around you will need a car.

When are you going as Bormes gets very busy in the height of Summer?

It is just a small pretty hill top village so stay in Bormes-les-Mimosas. I'm not sure where you are getting an idea about an Old Village. There are little scatterings of houses on the way up but really only one place to stay.

There is a large car park to one side of the village or your hotel should be able to tell you about parking.

Yes there are steps and alleys between the various levels of the village but nothing too drastic.

I hope that helps.

Guildford, England
reviews: 11
2. Re: Getting around Bormes and environs

Here is the official web-site

http://www.bormeslesmimosas.com/

3. Re: Getting around Bormes and environs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, August 23, 2009