We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping at Belgian grand prix 2014

Which Spa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wolverhampton...
reviews: 7
Camping at Belgian grand prix 2014

Me and my mate are going to the belgian grand prix in 2014 we are looking for somewhere good to camp over the weekend from wednesday till monday

Must be quiet

Must be clean with good cleaning facilitys

and have transfers to the circuit (can make own way back post GP)

Thank you in advance

9 replies to this topic
Leigh-on Sea...
reviews: 3
1. Re: Camping at Belgian grand prix 2014

Camping spa d'or. Been there twice for the GP as now we have kids can't be doing with the campsites near the circuit. The site is clean and relatively quiet compared to others. Bar and restaurant plus shuttle bus to the circuit (albeit a bit pricy). Also has a swimming pool. We drive to the circuit each day and have never had a problem getting parked up.

Hereford, United...
reviews: 5
2. Re: Camping at Belgian grand prix 2014

I would seriously recommend the Elephant Campsite. Situated in the village of Ster, about 1 km from the circuit. Very friendly, well run, good facilities. They offer, at extra cost, a shuttle bus each day to the circuit which is well worth the money. Going back for the 4th time this year.

Wolverhampton...
3. Re: Camping at Belgian grand prix 2014

been looking at camping d' au rouge looks a good site unless anyone knows otherwise

Wales
reviews: 4
4. Re: Camping at Belgian grand prix 2014

We are going for the first time this year with our 11 year old daughter, what are people's views on the circuit campsites. We are considering the yellow site as it's advertised as quieter, want to have easy access to things but don't want to be in party central. Not really bothered about facilities as we'll have everything in our camper, it's more about location and being family appropriate. Any advice would be great.

Edited: 6:25 pm, February 12, 2014
Adlington, United...
5. Re: Camping at Belgian grand prix 2014

Hi we are also going in a camper but have the worry of where to get water from, do you have any tips ? X

Wolverhampton...
6. Re: Camping at Belgian grand prix 2014

maybe other can help i can't as its my first time to that grand prix but really can't wait now

Brussels, Belgium
reviews: 3
7. Re: Camping at Belgian grand prix 2014

The problem with getting information about campsites near Francorchamps is that a lot of them are temporary, pop-up facilities so both campsites and facilities vary from year-to-year.

However, I imagine they must have a water supply for customers' use here: speedchills.com/fia-wec/…off-circuit-camping

Also F1/The Elephant campsite operates every year, takes motorhomes (www.francorchamps-camping.com/preise.html) and has showers and toilets housed in a container (www.francorchamps-camping.com/camp.html) - so presumably also running water.

Wolverhampton...
8. Re: Camping at Belgian grand prix 2014

well been a few weeks since the race and stayed at camping d 'eau rouge very good to be honest was really piece full until a few danes turned up with music and a f1 simulator but after a few words they turned down the volume

1 thing i will say is pack for every season 1st night was 1 above freezing thats quite cold in a tent

would stay there again but would look into one of there caravan/hut things but toilets were always clean and the showers were spotless and good value about 4 minutes for 50c but you could pause the water while you soaped yourself

Ghent, Belgium
9. Re: Camping at Belgian grand prix 2014

If you're looking for a quiet campsite with luxury facilities, you must try l'Escargot in Theux.

Unfortunately, there are no direct transfers to the track, you have to get to the racetrack by your own means. If this is not a problem for you, you won't find any better :-).

Reply to: Camping at Belgian grand prix 2014
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted